www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

In Memoriam by Peter Rivendell (1)
"Last line. Earlier. That is my only suggestion. I really like this one. It has a tenderness hidden in the trepidation. Very nice." -- Sylvia.


Magazine by Peter Rivendell (1)
"Very nice! This is worded well...good job!" -- Michelle.


Twisted Racism by August Nyghts (3)
"Whoah... Came across an ignorant, closed-minded individual I take it. Being judged by the color of your skin, whatever shade, sucks. Your anger is evident in this one, as always! " -- Tessa.
"I like this poem. Keep up the good work. " -- Alberta .
"thanks Tessa and Alberta" -- August.


Extinct by August Nyghts (2)
"You are very, very unique." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"AWE...Thank You so much -RBO :)" -- August.


Cheated by J L Watts (2)
"How can something so short be so ambiguous - or is that just me? Like it though." -- Peter Rivendell.
"This took a half hour? It seems like it should have rolled right off of your fingertips. " -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.


.-Phobia-. by Jaycob Soriano (2)
"God I hate Storymania. Use a real site." -- Mr. X.
"Maybe I should clarify lest you think I'm some kind of asshole. I once did a poem something like what you have here, it was in full DNA sequencing and binary code. It was over the head of the Storymania administration, and those lame brains pulled it. Therefore if they see this equally original piece, they may pull it too, and you'll be in the same boat as me in hating Storymania too, and urging others to stop using the site. If it happens to you be sure to let others know so they can too avoid this Nazi controlled site." -- Mr. X.


Wings by Keri McGriff (1)
"This is very pretty BUT you need to look at the grammar & punctuation, as it makes no sense. I`m not sure even then it would make sense other than as a pretty image." -- Peter Rivendell.


Whore by Jason ''The Bloodman'' Taylor (3)
"This is rather beautiful, but also rather unpleasant." -- Peter Rivendell.
"Brilliant!" -- Michelle.
"Another vampire poem. Well done. " -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.


Unspoken by Buxton (9)
"wow." -- Jeanne.
"First off, welcome and nice piece of work. But (and there does seem to be a but), I think you need to think more about punctuation, which is very inconsistent, and could add so much more for the reader. Also, "unhurling" - should this be "unfurling"? And, "an architectures glass..." - what do you mean? Finally, a totally minor point, but it would LOOK better if you didn`t use all capitals... All that aside, this is refreshing and creative work and I like it." -- Peter Rivendell.
"I agree with Peter. This poem is good, but it shouldn't be in all caps" -- Steven.
"First, I agree about the caps thing...it would have a better feel to it if it were lowercase instead. As for the poem itself, I think it's quite good. I like the flow, I love the metaphors. It's nice to see something new, different and creative. More to come, I hope..." -- Michelle.
"Just read this again, and I still like it. Good to see that you`ve taken the feedback on board and made some changes... or do you disagree with what was said? After all, everyone liked the poem and could like it even more..." -- Peter Rivendell.
"I appreciate the advice, I really do. I will write, You will read and we'll see how the results turn out... ta:)" -- Buxton.
"I agree with the others that the caps are hard on the eyes and take away from the overall flow of the work. You should change "burnning" to "burning" though." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"I haven't been on the site for awhile, but I noticed one of your titles and started perusing. This is the 4th I've read and the best one so far. You should really listen to the advice given above, they come from the best poets on this site. The changes would show a drastic improvement on flow, etc." -- Tessa.
"WOW! And I thought my first poem ever was good. It's crap compared to this. I'd like to know your thoughts though. My first poem is "Soft Touch and Tender Kisses". It's about my ex-boyfriend. First thing I ever wrote that was actually good in the poetry department. It was a semi finalist in a poetry contest but I didn't think it was that great. Lucy Midnight" -- Lucy , Beaver Dam, United States, Kentucky.


Unending by Lisa Diaz-Meyer (1)
"I liked the poem very much...It made me want to get on my knees & submit!!!!" -- Dori, Virginia Beach, Va.


Troubled Mind by J L Watts (2)
"Don`t have anything to say about this other than I think it`s fantastic. Well done." -- Peter Rivendell.
"*****I liked this. Good choice of words and metaphors. " -- D donely.


Timebomb by David B Doc Byron (2)
"Wonderful work Doc. Have you yet been able to set up your account with the BBS? I'd so much love to see you there, since we can more easily get together like this, and your work can get the attention it deserves. Good luck to you." -- A Friend.
"Doc, great piece! Well done! I am studying for a degree in Criminal Justice and we are currently studying serial murderers. I love reading true crime stories (Ann Rule is one of my favorite authors). I sure was relieved when they executed this monster!" -- JM.


The Decision by Mike Schiller (1)
"This was really good. I really felt for the character in the story. The only thing I wondered about was...dont u have to be 18 to be drafted? Otherwise, it was well written." -- Michelle.


The Darkness by Theresa A Myers (1)
"it nice but not extraordinary. a little more words would do the trick. the tile is too broad for such a short poem. don't start with the same words it makes it boring." -- lori-ann.


Run Away by Tessa (9)
"I have been feeling very restless lately myself Tessa! I know just what you mean! " -- JM.
"Spring Fever????? Or a need to escape the darkness if only for a little while .... " -- Judith.
"so much power! so much meaning! so much emotion~" -- lori-ann.
"Youre nights would not be sleepless if you did not go out all night teasing people all of the time." -- Tease Police.
"Judith- LOL! Hmmmm... maybe it was more of an escape from the darkness poem! Lori-Ann- Thanks for the nice comments. Tease Police- Whatever! I like the pseudoname, by the way. And do you know what else I have to say to your post? Damn you! =P" -- Tessa.
"Why is it that everytime there is a person with a different name you immediately think it's me? It's not me." -- The Devil.
"Just cuz I think you like to mess with me. =P" -- Tessa.
"ok now this is the exact kind of writing i do. please email me i would love to get to know you. finally someone like me! haha anyways this is awesome! i am very impressed. keep it up!" -- Jeni.
"Jeni- Thanks. I'll check out your stuff." -- Tessa.


Love Still Whispers by George Wilson (2)
"Very nice, I like your style of writing" -- Mattie.
"Thanks Mattie, glad you like it and appreciate your mentioning so!" -- George.


Iraq Attack Part 3 by Stuart Eric Longridge (7)
"Stu, well thought out but I doubt this will be popular. Read the 'Left Behind' series, Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye, then look at world events ... chilling ... or better yet, how about Revelations. I have an Iraqui friend whose entire family is in Quatar. I pray for us all ... blessed be ...." -- Judith.
"Thanks for your review Judith,but im sure you have noticed from what i write that its not about being popular,people have the right to think what they like,and the right to say whatever the want in reply,im just trying to see through the great illusion we have come to know as reality.But thankyou again for reviewing my rhymes i really respect your opinion.Peace" -- S.E.L, Belfast.
"It's amazing how I have to throw up everytime I read your work. " -- Nikolai Khabibulin.
"Hello again,my little commie mammal friend,i am glad i injected some life into your shallow little existence,unless im mistaken,its sounds like you dont have a TV,maybe you have been wasting too much time in your ignorant little hole.I hope you read my responses to your attemps to be abusive on the Iraq Attack part 2.Long live pricks like yourself.Bye.PS re-read the first two pieces." -- Stuart Eric Longridge.
"Funny how the entire population of Iraqi people are dancing in the streets, elated by the fact that the coalition forces have liberated them. Even the big, bad soldiers are thanking them for the rescue. And some said it wasn't necessary? Please. Touche, Stuart. Touche." -- USMC01.
"In reply to the person above ,i have a question.If an invading force under false pretense,rolled into your streets with the most advanced horror toys the world has yet produced,straight after taking out the so-called great might of the iraqi army,after slaughtering over 1100 innocents and damaging God knows how many bodies and supplies.Would you not be desperatly welcoming them,i know i fucking would.Quick! get exited people,they are going into Syria next.Fuck Hollywood!PEACE!!" -- Stuart Eric Longridge, Belfast.
"Syria is a worthless nation anyway. All they ever do is provoke by hiding terrorists on their soil. There is nothing of any worth in Syria. " -- USMC01.


Into The Darkness by Tessa (12)
"You're welcome. I told you fighting it would be futile. I'm glad you finally came to your senses. See how much you were missing? " -- The Devil.
"guess i give up telling you to resist - think i just become a voyeur and enjoy the show. have fun kiddies." -- JAG.
"Devil- Resisting you was the most fun and quite entertaining!!! The end result was most definitely worth the wait! How I craved... and crave even more now... JAG- Thanks for trying to save me... LOL! Enjoy the show! =P " -- Tessa.
"I am outta popcorn.....this was the end of part one or beginning of part two?...either way you are now eternally damned Tessa...(kidding)...just dont go falling in love with this guy... wonderful piece of work." -- August.
"August- Thanks for the review and well, it sounds like there may be a Part 2 according to the Devil's post under "For The Devil"... We'll have to see. Yeah, I think I'm eternally damned now and I'm worried about my karma- it's always been really good, and now... Ughs. Fall in love with The Devil? Hell no, I'm not THAT corrupted. =P" -- Tessa.
"I wont allow her to fall in love with me anyway." -- The Devil.
"The Devil- Thanks for being so damn helpful! It would be oh-SO-hard not to fall in love with someone so... honorable and that's loved, admired and well thought of by the world around. (Can you hear the sarcasm?) BTW- Damn you! =P" -- Tessa.
"The Devil is already damned (;o) ... This is a vivid representation of a fall from grace, Tessa. It so difficult to resist such powerful temptation from the master of deceit; you aren't alone ..." -- Judith.
"you sure aren't alone Tessa!" -- JM.
"I know I'm not alone. The Devil's charm is irresistable to many. ;) " -- Tessa.
"if you believe in all this then your religous, please don't give up, the devil is irresistable to many like you said but not to God, trust in God and you can do it, i wish you luck" -- adam.
"Adam, thanks for the concern and all, but my stuff's all metaphorical. This Devil that I write about is bad, but he's not the original Prince of Darkness- just an ordinary mortal man with bad tendencies. Anyway, I'm out of the darkness and back in the light... See "Exorcism" :D" -- Tessa.


Imposter by David B Doc Byron (3)
"Wow. Very powerful stuff Doc, particularly the 2nd stanza and the "cell of flesh" line. Write on!" -- Tessa.
"Amazing Doc...you really portrayed her loneliness of being lost within herself quite well." -- Michelle.
"Doc, I lived with an imposter for many years. Thanks for the kind of insight I never could have gotten from him." -- JM.


His Shirt by Tessa (9)
"I was hoping I would get that back the next time we met..." -- The Devil.
"well I would have burned it-unless it was Vances'.....but i do like your poem." -- Andrea.
"The Devil- Nope, it's mine to add to my little collection!! And what if it's a different shirt I'm talking about and not yours?!?! =P Andrea- LOL! Vance and I have been just friends for 6 years now... though he does hint sometimes, huh? " -- Tessa.
"I still want that back you know!" -- T.D..
"LOL! Nope, it's part of my collection." -- Tessa.
"Maybe The Devil should heed the words of another poet on this site "Breaking up should be permanent". Tessa, I don't know why you would want to hang on to that unless you are trying to hang on to him." -- T. A..
"Hmmmmm... Very interesting... comments T.A. My collecting... menswear- doesn't mean I'm trying to hang onto anyone. Sheesh. Anyway, I had my fun and moved on months ago." -- Tessa.
"Nice write here!!! although I don't understand some of the words. But that's just me I guess... I think that's suspose to be,"Releasing?" Not, sure???" -- Rena Leanne Erickson .
"Rena, if you're referring to "relishing" that's exactly what I meant- as in savoring/basking in memories." -- Tessa.


Hangover by Tessa (4)
"Until Next Time�..I VOW to not spend another dime Or drink from Satan�s vine�.unless I can have it all with a twist of lime. Oops there we go again, breaking Zen Teasing many a men, I counted at least ten. Tessa, Tessa this was a really suiting poem. It seems last night we flirted with near disaster as well�.Full Moon alert��(insert howling here)��.those chairs did not belong there I tell you....I know you know which ones I am talking about. Anyway love doll -your work is great -keep it going. XOXO talk to you sooner than later we have to have a recap of the events that took place last night and why Chris T. turned out to be so F***ing HOT with his fine ass- DAMN BABY! what I would have done for his beads ;) " -- Andrea.
"Heh, heh!!! I got beads ;P (a few!! HA!) AND beer (for you and Cort too) from Chris! Yeah, he grew up to be pretty damn fine, eh?!?! And he can dance too! YUM! And those damn chairs were flat out attacking me ALL NIGHT! 10? More than 10 sweets!! Hey- U should turn your review into a poem, that's a good start!" -- Tessa.
"If I were there youre night could have been complete." -- The Devil.
"Sigh... Teasing again, I see!" -- Tessa.


Gorilla by Lawrence Peters (1)
"Very nice Lawrence! Really like the symbolism..." -- Pix.


For The Devil by Tessa (10)
"Damn Devil wore you down huh. Well some days are harder than others and after all, it's just this one time:)" -- Just A Guy.
""kinda i want to" - excellent song." -- rae.
"JAG- "DAMN Devil" is right. Though it did take him a few weeks of Whispering and Haunting me. Guess my Prayer didn't work too well, and he proved to be formidable against my Angel... (LOL!) One time? That's what it's looking like, huh Devil? Rae- I know!! I had to reply to The Devil's post, you know like, fight fire with fire, or rather NIN lyrics with NIN lyrics! =P " -- Tessa.
"Look at it this way Tessa, maybe there's something to that phrase "only the good die young" after all :-). I like how you fight fire with fire. Very clever! Maybe he has finally met his match!" -- JM.
"One time only? I think not." -- The Devil.
"JM- I guess I get to live a little longer then... Devil- Oh, really?!?!" -- Tessa.
"Just please be very careful with this Devil Tessa! " -- JM.
"JM- I will be! He's a crafty one, isn't he? I'm well aware of his evil ways." -- Tessa.
"Yes, very crafty Tessa, but I get the feeling you can handle him. " -- JM.
"Yeah- I got the... Entertainment I needed out of him. ;)" -- Tessa.


Exorcism by Tessa (7)
"It sounds like you finally found your angel, hold on tight. This will probably make The Devil try that much harder. Good luck to you." -- JM.
"It's OK. It's your loss and you know it. Have a nice time trying to find someone who is as much fun. " -- The Devil.
"JM- Thanks for all the encouragement you've given! The Devil- Hmmmm... My loss, huh? Nah, I think it's yours. And yeah, you were oh-so-fun, but the game has been played and it's over. All of the intrigue and temptation has been satiated. Time for me to move on. Now- shoo! =P" -- Tessa.
"After reading The Devil's postings under Unbound- I don't think this poem did the job. Ignore him. It's the best way to rid yourself of him. The poems that you write that have nothing to do with The Devil are your best, my suggestion: focus on non-Devil subjects." -- Ben.
"Tessa, I'm sure you realize by now, that you were just one of many to fall victim to this devil's demonic charms. I know because I was one of them. Believe me, there are men out there who are much more fun and not at all evil. Hopefully, you have already discovered that." -- Robin.
"Ben- Thanks for the review and the advice. The poems for the Devil were part of a... game, but if I choose to post anymore poems here, they won't be about him. Robin- Hmmmm... Are we talking about the very same Devil? LOL! He is a charming one, huh? I think if you read this poem, I exorcised him in March. ;) " -- Tessa.
"I know this is long after the fact, but yes, Tessa we are most definitely talking about the same Devil. We all return to the light eventually, except for the one who was stupid enough to marry him. I'm glad you're cured. So am I and it feels great!" -- Robin.


Exhausted by Tessa (7)
"Tessa, I wanted to let you know that I've been reading your newer works (might've read them all by now). I really like your stuff. It's very "real" and easy to relate to. I've not had time to really post many reviews. Thanks for continuing to post here at Story Mania. " -- Molly B.
"You'd have energy if you weren't out all night all of the time! Unless of course you were with me." -- The Devil.
"If you want suggestions for improving the story, then why post it at Storymania????" -- Joe.
"Molly B- Glad you enjoy, thanks for reading! The Devil- I told you, I've been staying in!! Okay, maybe for just the last weekend or so... =P " -- Tessa.
"Joe- huh?" -- Tessa.
"I'm thinking 'Joe' isn't his real name." -- The Devil.
"Well, Joe Schmoe- I'm just not getting what he's saying?!? " -- Tessa.


Dancing Lights by Keri McGriff (1)
"As with "Wings", this is a grammatically poor, but pretty, fragment of something, but nothing in itself." -- Peter Rivendell.


Contemplating by Tessa (8)
"That damn devil!! Hang in there Tessa!" -- JM.
"Tessa darlin', never have seen one girl having such a time - take that devil by the horns, whip him around and give him a good toss. BTW poem's great." -- Just A Guy.
"JM, JAG- Alas, The Devil has seduced me Into the Darkness... maybe now I can write some darker poems and join the Vampyre Club? LOL!" -- Tessa.
"Too late." -- The Devil.
"Sounds like a scorned devil Tessa!!! " -- JM.
"Try as you might, you cannot stop thinking about me." -- The Devil.
"Heh, heh... I know... I'm working on it though! Dammit! =P" -- Tessa.
"We've all had our battles with the devil.Check out my poem 'I'm losing control' and it will give you an idea of how I've battled the Devil just like you Tess. I liked your poem and I hope you are no longer involved in a struggle with the Dark Lord." -- David Daniels.


As Of Yet Untiltled by Aaron Woodside (1)
"Why do people keep coming to this stupid site? Why won't this site just die?" -- X.


Abra Cadavera by David B Doc Byron (2)
"I like this one Doc...very haunting" -- Michelle.
"nicely worded and conveys some imagery. but i have no idea what the poem is about. also the last line is not in line with the rest of the poem. " -- sunny, dc, usa.


3 A.M. by David B Doc Byron (4)
"I especially love this line, Doc ... "From the flesh that holds fast and binds eternity, sleepless, staring at the ceiling of your tomb. 3a.m.; the soul's midnight. The special hour. " Excellent work!! " -- Judith.
"I agree...this was amazing =)" -- Michelle.
"I had exactly the same comment as Judith, in terms of a very powerful line! That would make a great opening line for a song, or the first chapter of a book...." -- Mia Angello, WI.
"I saw and felt this piece. Very good!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Is It Worth It ? by Paul James Moore (1)
"this poem just really out did it this time! it is corny, needs more meaning, like it is floating in thin air, more pasion, more emothion." -- lori-ann.


Window by Tessa (4)
"Once again, the metaphorical writing comes to life! Not my favorite work from you Tessa, but the reference to the window and your relationship is very good and fits perfectly!" -- Reagan Rothe, H-Town.
"I wish I could sing, this would be a great lyric because of the rythm and concise style. Perhaps you could work on the rythm a little more and improve things like the second stanza- verses 3 and 4 are bit redundant. " -- Jorge Freire.
"I like this a lot Tessa!!!! Hey check out my "I cried last night"...seems we are having similar moods." -- Michelle.
"Reagan- Thanks for reading this, I know, not all that great, but ah, well... Felt like posting it anyhow... Jorge- Any suggestions? I'm in a bit of a slump right now, in the middle of about 10 poems that I can't seem to finish... Michelle- Read yours and yes, we were both reminiscing a bit, huh?" -- Tessa.


When I Wrote A Poem.... by Muhammad Umer Gorsi (3)
"so sensational! " -- lori-ann.
"it sux, gorsi u was better than that," -- raheel, kalamazoo, mi, usa.
"Hi Sir, The poem was great...but i'm more interested in knwoing if there's actually a reality behind... is it a true story? do reply...as u can get my detailz easily with this msg... ;) Nice effort! All the best Byez" -- athar, abu dhabi, UAE.


Waiting And Waiting by Toluwalope Olugbenga Ogunlesi (1)
"I think your poems are magical. I can see the images you paint, with my heart." -- Judith.


The Trees (Control) by Peter Rivendell (3)
"I'd work on the rythm and maybe the structure too. It sounds like it's being said without breeding. I believe you could do better without the crossed ryhm scheme (the easy way arround) in the end of the poem. On balance, I'd say it's still a good poem - considering what is said, instead of how it's said. Let your poems breed and maybe they'll fly." -- sarrabisco.
"the rythm isn't important it's the sensation!" -- lori-ann.
"you definitely have a way with words and you master the language, have you tried submitting your stuff for anthologies? i think you would do really well." -- Daniel.


The Second Comings by Stuart Eric Longridge (5)
"After all, the bibble is nothing but "another book". Just as the "Lord of the Rings" is. You were wise to show how the names change and the symbolism remains the same throughout time and in many diferent cultures. This are what's been called "the commun myths"" -- Yung , .
"Much in your writing is true, about Christianity becoming a man made farce. I can only, with utmost kindness, relate that once you experience the reality of God in your own life, all the garbage is left behind. Not gone, just left behind. I have had too many personal miracles and visions that have changed my life, and now because of 'Jesus' and the life changing force with within me, I live what I believe. I must admit, much of our life seems to be a search, and a continuos journey , but there is a reason to it all. Even though Religion has contributed to much of the ruin and decay this world has experienced, we can come to the reality of knowing God. Not just knowing about God. " -- C.L. Mareydt.
"you have a warped sense of understanding. Understand this: you don't need to line up wih all the rest of the heritics to get your ticket to hell...it is already punched! If you don't get it, understand what most Irish blokes use and understand...FUCK OFF." -- Brian O Neil.
"You could and should delete this f---off message!Sorry bloke. But I am a little bit Irish!" -- Brian O Neil.
"I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS, BUT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION,HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT OTHER RELIGONS DIDN'T TAKE STORIES FROM THE BIBLE? THERE ARE LOST TRIBES OF ISRIALE , THAT MIGHT BE WHERE THE STORY CHANGED ,AND WHAT ABOUT WORD OF MOUTH ?, IT DOESEN'T DISPROVE ANY THING ,I DON'T SEE FACTS . " -- K.P..


The Missing Link by Ryon Smith (3)
"Internet in the hotel... shot 70 (tied for lead), "The Missing Link" doesn't have the same impact as your first poem... a few errors -- chrous = chorus... comprhension = comprehension! Stanza 4, personal might? questionable? Good effort, we want the next Psychedelic Travels..." -- Reagan Rothe, H-Town.
"A bit on the mish-mashy side of things It sucks It sucks deeply Cosmo sucks bad bad bad." -- Bobo, london, england.
"I know your message,dont listen to the pricks with the tiny minds,some of them seem to class a piece of work on how well you can spell or how well it is written,its about writing what you feel and its not a competition.There is no missing link it was genetic intervention from different outside consciousnesses .Peace " -- Stuart Eric Longridge, Belfast.


Sounds Of Silence And What I Can't Say by Pearl S (4)
"This is way off of what I normally will review. I don't do too well with this style, so keep that in mind. There are some lines that don't make sense. Either there is a word wrong, or the meaning is lost somewhere. The point of the poem does come through, but it is a difficult read (and not just because of this stupid computer either.) I suggest you give it a little while, then re-read it aloud, word for word, to yourself. This isn't as easy as it seems, but if you can learn to do this, it will help polish your writing." -- Sylvia.
"Sylvia got here before me. I completely agree with her. I think there are some fantastic ideas and turns of phrase and images in here, but it`s lurching between poetry and prose. Some polish and it will shine. " -- Peter Rivendell.
"thanks. i wasnt sure about this either...the basic idea i was trying to get across was that it's better to be quiet and sort of keep your mysteries than talk all the time and consequently have everyone know you too well. any ideas?" -- pearl.
"Nice site! My homepage | Please visit" -- Alan, Canada, Canada, Canada.


Soulful Drippings by Wandering Minstrel (1)
"Amazing! Do it again!" -- melanoma.


She Calls My Name by Roberto J Moreno (1)
"Very dark and mysterious. I like the repeticious entry line in every stanza. It makes you see the darkness and the way she haunted you. I also liked the reference of your life being defined by a photo. Keep up the good work." -- Jacklyn.


Semblance by Joshua Ortiz (1)
"This is not entirely without merit, but is rhythmically awkward, especially the "Maybe life wasn`t meant to be florid" verse." -- Peter Rivendell.


Phase To Phase by August Nyghts (2)
"August, nice work. Hopefully you'll hold on to the good thoughts and poof the others away." -- Just A Guy.
"Thanks JAG, thats my plan :) and i am working on it...." -- August.


My Addiction by Tessa (8)
"Is this me writing this?? haha This is great Tessa and boy can I relate!" -- Michelle.
"excellent piece! " -- August.
"You've been doing some really nice stuff lately Tessa and this certainly is one of the best in my eyes." -- Just A Guy.
"Tessa... this is the first piece of work I've gotten around to reading by you, and I must say I am now a fan (dammit), and I promise I will get to the rest of your 'epic' works!!! "My shadowy dreams become concrete", very powerful verse solidifying that once addicted/trapped, it is hard to return back! I very much enjoyed this drug tale!!!" -- Reagan Rothe, H-Town.
"Thank you for all the positive comments! Glad that something good comes out of my little addiction." -- Tessa.
"I'm glad you've finally found yourself!" -- The Devil.
"The Devil- Hmmmmm... If anyone should know, you should- that I lost myself and gave into my addiction last week." -- Tessa.
" Due to worried inquiries- I guess I have to spell it out. I was addicted to a person (that I should not have been involved with), not a drug. See author description regarding *metaphorical* writing.=P" -- Tessa.


Love Denied by Jeffrey (George) Winter (1)
"This is fantastic and I can totally relate...great work!" -- Michelle.


Love And Sacrifice by David B Doc Byron (1)
"Wow...that was good :)" -- Michelle.


Lifelights by David B Doc Byron (2)
"Cool! Love these kinds of poems...hard to figure out :)" -- Michelle.
"Birth maybe ?Reincarnation?" -- Stuart Eric Longridge , Belfast.


Lies To Succumb To Her Passion by Reagan Rothe (14)
"A master at work!!! You have stunned me again with brilliance young padawan Reagan! The ending tops off a great tale of love's!" -- J.J., NY, NY.
"Reagan, great stuff! Top me this is your best yet! Especially the last line, would that it were really that easy to forget! One typo --- "Neither of them matter "know" s/b "now"?" " -- Judith.
"Loved this one and agree with Judith this one is your best yet" -- mandi shorter.
"Thanks Judith, got that changed!!! And thanks Mandi, J.J., and Judith for the reviews!" -- Reagan Rothe, H-Town.
"This is wonderful!" -- Michelle.
"That was the best so far, I really could relate to this one! How do you do it? lwheeler" -- Lindy Wheeler, D'Hanis, USA, Tx.
"Nice job Reagan. I even understood it. Didn't know you were such a romantic. Cindy" -- Cindy Gates, Pleasanton, Texas, USA.
"You're Ma said I just had to read some of your stuff. Well, she was right. From one writer to another...you're definitely rockin' bud!" -- Raquel, Sabinal, Tx..
"Bravo Reagan! This is absolutely wonderful. Deep, revealing, passionate, meaningful and funny at the end. What every poem should be. Who knew such talent was inside such an adorable package? Love Marsha" -- Marsha, Dallas, Texas, USA.
"Okay... the second review of your work. Sorry to say I don't agree with the majority. I find it weak, tired and boring. This part...Is it my heart that knows best? Or is it my head? Neither of them matter now The promises of passion are dead It sounds like something a high school football jock would write to the head cheerleader on prom night. Sorry... I just don't see the talent. I won't give up though. " -- D. G. Williford.
"Not my favorite piece of work from you Rothe, but the ending definitely added a favorable twist and brought me to recall on some of my past errors!" -- JJ, The Miss.
"I like the way he talks about love and passion threw his poem. also I like how he says burning blonde with eyes capturing a web she spun with haste. and how he talks about love and then forgets who he was talking about. I like that kind of twist in a poem" -- Lance Neumann, college station, TX, U.S..
"i liked it alot!!" -- alyssa, rockport, tx, usa.
"This is the first one of your writings that I have read. Who knew? Definately a nice piece which is easy to read and understand. waytogoreagan!" -- Carolyn Huesser, D'Hanis, Tx, US.


Late Night Train by J L Watts (1)
"It's a simple poem, but a nice one. Well done! " -- sarrabisco.


Forbidden Light by J L Watts (4)
"Is this about a day trip to Mordor? Might benefit form some more punctuation. It`s vivid and self-contained, but I`m not sure that it has any meaning other than the capture of an image. But very nice." -- Peter Rivendell.
"If you want darkness -- then step into my realm..." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"Leave the boy alone... he`s too young to be turned to the dark side!" -- Peter Rivendell.
"*****It's simple and short. Not overdone. I like it." -- d donely.


Faces by David B Doc Byron (3)
"Twisted. Definitely twisted. And yet, I can't stop myself from reading and liking your stuff!" -- Tessa.
"You're a freak Doc! I LOVE it...give me more ;)" -- Michelle.
"Doc, this was posted before, wasn't it? Was it a short story before? Seems to be even better, unless I'm just imagining it! (:o)" -- Judith.


Drowned by Peter Rivendell (1)
""The sort of poem you'd like to post to ex girlfriends, stubborn, strong yet emotionally felt."" -- J L Watts, Bath, England.


Distortion by Peter Rivendell (4)
"This is beautiful. Each word brings a new picture to my mind and the rhymes are so unique. I'm not sure if I really understand it, though." -- anonymous.
"This could very easily be a song. I really like this, it resonates today. Only one minor suggestion, perhaps lose the "the" in the 2nd, 3rd and 5th lines, it seems to flow a little better without them and you don't lose anything by the ommission. Just a suggestion. The piece is powerful!" -- J.
"That review was mine, Peter ... somehow I ended up with just the "j" (:o)" -- Judith.
"This is terrific Peter, nice picture." -- Just A Guy.


Distance by J L Watts (2)
"This is very vivid, and tells a very complete story in so few words, but, I`m confused, are they indoors or out? " -- Peter Rivendell.
"I think you need to expand upon this one. It is a good start." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.


Bored Clouds Of A Scattered Sky by J L Watts (3)
"I`m not sure boredom comes across - more the inability to act, or commit maybe, or just get up! Anyway, I think this is rather marvellous, although I don`t like the "mouth shaped like an O" line, for some reason." -- Peter Rivendell.
"I agree. It doesn't strike me as boredom...." -- R. Bennett Okerstrom.
"*****This sounds a bit like when I *try* to get up in the morning." -- d donely.


Anguish by Tessa (9)
"Forgive my ignorance but what is NIN?" -- Michelle.
"Nine Inch Nails. You would love them. Especially their album "Pretty Hate Machine" which I blared for 3 years straight, I much love "Head Like a Hole" "Terrible Lie" & "Down In It". Check them out, if you haven't yet." -- Tessa.
"Glad to see you've come out of that place Tessa. This was quite touching seeing it from the future. Now you only have to fight off the damn devil." -- Just A Guy.
"Great work, Tessa... Trent Reznor (NIN) is awesome!!! I will keep getting to your new stuff... I would also love it if you had the time to try out "Dark Days" or "Of Love and of Thy Compassion" and give me your guidance!!! " -- Reagan Rothe, H-Town.
"JAG- It IS pretty crazy reading stuff I wrote from back then, and yeah, I'm still fighting the Devil... Reagan, thanks for reading my stuff- I've read yours and reviewed." -- Tessa.
"Beautiful! Wonderful writer with a lot to offer. Thanks for the review on my poem. Keep writing and smiling!" -- Mike Axe, PA.
"Thanks Mike! I'm always smiling!! This poem was written during high school, and I think back then- everyone felt this way at one point or another!" -- Tessa.
"Hey Tess,when I read this poem I can really feel your pain and suffering for many years with depression I can also relate to it. Nice Poem." -- David Daniels.
"Thank you David... I know... I was a sad, sad, hurting girl..." -- Tessa.


There are 55 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.