www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

From The Earth To The Moon by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
" Hi, sweet, all you lucky people who can write love stories, every time I try fall flat on my face. look at line 2 needs a little change a cave cannot be active.kind regards Diana Venditti" -- diana venditti , Italy.
"Hi Diana, Thanks for your kind remarks, Please help, if l change it to, "Hidden like in a secret Cave"? Does it sound any better, appreciate your comment before l change it." -- Amy , Hayes, UK.


Emotion Hurts by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"Hi, this made me feel weepy, so it worked,so I say to hell with the technicality, nice piece Kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"Thanks for time for reading and sharing my weeping heart. Every one has a mother whom everyone loves. " -- Ammy, Hayes , Middlesex, England.


Zero And Falling by Diana Venditti (1)
"I liked this one Diana - a stirring piece. It's never been truer than in today's world that we're all viewed as having value for firms selling things...but as human beings we're essentially expendable (one need look no further for confirmation than events in Iraq...on both sides of the conflict)" -- Kevin Hadley.


True Dreams by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"You had a lovely dream of sharing the abundance of your heart with others. Since we live in more than one world, perhaps, the birds continued your dream, sharing the grapes (the fruit of the vine, in Christian imagery, or of wine in the poetry of the mystical lovers of God) and carrying them to the corners of the earth. How beautiful! I copied your poem and change minor punctuation and grammar. i didn't change the poem. Here is how it looks: I grew a vine, and let it be as wild as can be, It took over my plum tree, and also the peach tree, Then recently i had a dream: there was so much fruit in my garden, that i was sharing it out with my neighbor. Then a couple of days after the dream, a lot of birds were flying in my garden, over the overgrown vine, and to my surprise each one flew out in all directions, each carrying a green grape. It was a wonderful sight. But what did my dream mean? I dn't know anything about this website. I just found it by accident on the internet. Thanks for sharing of yourself." -- Peter , Waxhaw, USA, NC.
"Dear Peter, Thank you for the above,how true you are of saying "mystical lovers of God", for l do everyday pray to God, and have on two occasions experienced mircles. i also think that l had this dream either because my daughter in law was expecting a baby, ( and l believe that the vine is like a family tree) or because l had the dream three weeks before the Boxing day tsunami may the birds flying out represents the people that are flying over there from all corners of the World with Aid. Thank you for your corrections and also your comments which l appreciated. " -- Amy, Hayes , Middlesex.


Tribute To Ms Diana Venditti by Nesam Pillay (1)
"Dearest Diana I wrote you this piece this am in all sincerity, not knowing your intentions of leaving. I'm rather sad that you have decided to do this but I respect your decision. Pls feel free to write to me at [email protected]. I will be honored to be your friend! Thank you and God be with you always!" -- Nesam Pillay.


Treachery At Court by Diana Venditti (4)
"nice job with the history lesson." -- echo.
"Hi Echo,thanks, i hate writing in ip but someone asked me to,so here it is. kind regards DV" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"hi diana! like it! i'm the type who likes to learn something when he reads and you never fail to teach. whats this i hear about you leaving? you mean you're not going to submit anymore? see, i go away (been rotting on the beach on lanzarote)and the whole place is in turmoil when i return! if you have decided not to post anymore, i don't blame you. do keep in touch though. you have my email address. perhaps we can get some of the sincere poets here together and get a "cosa nostra" going. anybody interested, i'm at [email protected] " -- jersey mike, belgium.
"Hi, lucky you on the beach,I live 5 mins from sea ,but never time to go. Its tough here on sight,someone dedicated a poem to me and asked me to stay,so I am still here for the moment. I try to read everyones work,give my five cents worth,but they seem to read very few,and dont give many critiques,pity, as we learn a lot when the critique is constructive.go through the stuff I have done lately,there is a bit of rubbish as well,but there are a couple I think have promise. D" -- Diana Venditti.


The Voyage Of The Kyle Mayes by E Rocco Caldwell (3)
"Hi, Rocco, great as usual.These will be my last couple of days on the site,so I will say my good byes, so sorry I bothered you with all the rubbish I wrote, I have learned my lesson , I will never be a poet,It has been made very clear, I now will get back to what I do best, well I tried,and should have known it was not for me to be a poet,thank you for your patience,D" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"Nice one, reminded be of that ballad, forgot the name but it goes 'and now I'm a broken man on the halifax piers, the last of ????'s buccaneers'. Could you post a detailed description of what the 5-meter poem should be like? I don't know anything about meter and could use the help." -- kavya.
"Rocco... This was great... it should have a sound track behind it though. Ride Captain Ride upon your mystery ship... to a place... hum hum hum... I really enjoyed this happy jaunt. Thanks! Deb" -- D. G. Williford.


The Sibil by Joe Newton (2)
"clever piece Joe,D" -- Diana Venditti.
"I want mp3 player. What will advise?" -- Anton, New York, NY, united states.


The Sands Of Time by Diana Venditti (6)
"i like this diana! you really have to check your grammar and typos though before submitting your stuff. "Tormenting with with its speed" is an example. " A weary eyes betrayal" is another. its a bit different from your usual stuff. much better, to me! " -- jersey mike, belgium.
"Hi Mike, yes would be better to say my weary eyes betrayal.typed WITH twice ,I have a problem, when I try to edit, my password comes back with NO, HELP,!! What can I do " -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"try writting to admin, perhaps they can help." -- echo.
"Hi Echo, have done 3 times and 5 mins ago, thanks DV" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"i had trouble before trying to edit something once i submitted it. editing before you post them would work! i'm off to lanzarote saturday so hopefully the spanish sunshine will inspire me to write as the italian sunshine seems to do to you!" -- jersey mike, belgium.
"Hi Mike, get off you are allways inspired,have a great holiday, I need one, off the Egypy again early nexy year, thats my inspiration, but you lot dont like my egyptian poems , they are probably my best. xxDiana" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


The Pig And Cow by SAR (8)
"Hi Sar,that is good ,wow ,I liked that first poem as well,keep writing, kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"clever, clever, clever." -- echo.
"thank you very much :)" -- s a r.
"so very cute! you're a clever little boy!!" -- nesampillay.
"Thanks but I'm a girl :)" -- S A R.
"oops...that explains the brilliance! keep it up!" -- NesamPillay.
"WOW! only 8 years old...this was so cute...keep using your imagination...and write it down! :)" -- mattie.
"you are great, keep up the good work. One day you will be a great poet." -- Amy, hayes, England.


The Old Dark House by Joe Newton (4)
"Hi Joe, sounds like a dream,is it.I like it ,your poems are different from the usual run of the mill.D" -- Diana Venditti.
"Sorry, but it needs a lot of work to put it right." -- Ulysses Hero, Liecestershire, UK, England.
"Hey Joe, what da,ya... know? No, I am just kidding... "Well, I agree it sounds like a "dream" you know what I think the problem is??? You have to much description in your sentences, or stanzas. "Maybe try breaking them down?" and, concentrating...on one object at a time? You have excelent images even brief! Try to bring out more of your feelings!!! Most people or writers would die to have your ideas... and thoughts!!! keep plunging. I don't think your wasting your time just need a little encouragement...and time. Rena" -- Rena .
"Hi! How to me to adjust a background of page?" -- Jonn, New York, ME, united states.


The Hidden by D G Williford (7)
"Hi ,wonderfull,,,,,,,,,,and spooky. Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"PS. You said dont hate me because I'm mad, arnt we all? DV" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"thanks DV. Did you notice anything about the meter? That was the challenge of writing this. 5/4/3 Deb" -- Author.
"Now this is good stuff! Wonderful choice of words and well constructed, you paint a very vivid picture. I think the metre works, do just the first and last lines have to be in 5 beat?" -- kavya.
"Thanks for the review kavya. The meter is , I guess one I made up on my own. The first and last stanzas are five in the beginning and whittle down to three... It was hard, but I accomplished it... Thanks again for taking the time to read it... I'm very proud of this piece." -- Author.
"Hi, I am deeply sorry that I have driven you round the bend,will never happen again,but I love what you have written above,and all of the others,good bye and I know you will make it.D" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"Jeeeeeez....a definite 8 on my creepy-shitometer. It I didn't know you had it in you, D.G.! " -- Doc , vincennes, ind, usa.


The Fairy Queen by Diana Venditti (2)
"Thank you ... and thank you again for putting aside artisitc differences. I loved this...all of my favorite things... Thank you.... Deb" -- D. G. Williford.
"Hi Deb, I am happy you liked it ,will see if I can write you another,when the inspiration takes me,D" -- Diana Venditti.


The Duat, Part 1 by Diana Venditti (1)
"Imagery is cool, wish i can remember what the Names mean better though. It was a challenge to read this. Cheers!" -- NesamPillay.


The Brook by Diana Venditti (1)
"Hi! How to me to adjust a background of page?" -- Jonn, New York, ME, united states.


The Boy King by Diana Venditti (6)
"Hi Diana! yeah you're an egyptology buff alrite! i dont mind it too, in fact i think its pretty interesting, but turning facts to poems is something new! not come across anyone who has done this before! so congrats for being a pioneer!! I guess it must take interest to actually read your poems based on egypt! Anyways, keep on writing and who knows someday you might publish another set of work, this time on egyptology(-; Im from Malaysia in Asia!! and THANK YOU for all your wishes for my JON! Yes, how i wish i didnt have to work, but i do have to work so my JON can enjoy his childhood lavishly(-;..i intend to spoil him b4 his first year, and the cane comes on after that!!" -- NPillay.
"Thanks NP, This one people should understand even if they are not Egyptologists,after all King Tut is the most famous, for example from this poem they learn he married his sister ,trying to put egyptology into story form,Egyptology is very complex so the idea was to try and make it easier to understand, thanks again Diana" -- Diana Vendittit , Italy.
"This is ok, well written I guess, but boring as hell. I guess what I'm saying is who cares? " -- John, Pheonix City, AL.
"Hi, what a little charmer you are. If you find a possible murder,mixed in with incest and intrigue boring I dont know what to write to give you a high,tell me what turns you on and I will do my best to write something especialy for you,thank you for your time,kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"This is very good, very much like a fable but it is true... well done... John needs to carry on watching Star Treck!!! :)" -- Craig, UK.
"Hi Craig, thank you ,I do a lot of research when I do poems on history. D" -- Diana Venditti.


That Tree, A Selection Of Poems by Olutayo K Osunsan (2)
"Hi Olutayo, wonderfull its a long time since I have seen such feeling in poetry.I would be most grateful if you would take a look at mine, for example I feel Ihy, The Duat, For England and King Harry are possibly the better ones, kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"Marvelous...these works are truly marvelous!!!!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Starship by Diana Venditti (3)
"Diana, just answering your note. Well, to tell you the truth, I think you worry too much on getting and returning feedback and this is not it. Write away, get your stuff published here and let people free to make their own choices. I have been reading some of your "fights" with some people here but just let it go...we should be able to understand that we are not going to please everybody. There will be times people will aplaude us, other times, they won't, but so what? My piece of advice: don't take it so seriously. Just relax and enjoy the moment. OK? Take care." -- Dri.
"I read that you were leaving and felt that you weren't a poet, but I hope you will reconsider. You do write well but i think you were a bit too 'in your face' as they say. I agree with Dri, some people are not going to agree with you but that's just part of the deal. You are here to write, that's why we're all here. As you keep writing, you'll find a select little audience who will give you honest feedback and appreciate the same from you. Don't let this little incident bring you down, I hope to see something new from you soon. " -- kavya.
"Thanks Kavya and Dri, you are right,and I did some heavy thinking,I am not a quitter.D" -- Diana Venditti.


Spring by Diana Venditti (3)
"rewrite the last line of the first stanza: God's gifts, they're yours, they are mine This is very visual and the rhyme doesn't feel forced but flows naturely in many of the lines and stranzas the stanza flowers open in front of eyes fledging rise in azure skies never ceasing to amaze with wonder I suand and gaze! this has a easier and smoothier feel. Diana, you are producing some very feela nd visual stuff...it is a joy to read it." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"I apologze for my first post: should read you are producing some very real and visual stuff...it is a joy to read it all" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Hi Rocco, thank you, you have given me reason to keep writing.D" -- Diana Venditti.


Spiritual Readers by Higgins (2)
"1 I need some advice on some spirits in the lost word that stay at my friends house won't leave." -- Lisa, Monroe, Mi.
"Dear Lisa, If you beleive in God, and you friend come to know that God resides in every heart, Pray to God always, and they will not come near you...(jesus drove out the devil). Put a photo of jesus in her room, and tell her to keep praying..." -- Lin, Finland, Finland.


So Lost by Jannah Akira (1)
"I'm watching your picture right now and I'm typing with one hand.I'm not a big fan of your poetry but I am a big fan of your beauty and I desperately want to make you my sex slave." -- someone who desires you.


Simply Malaysia by Nesam Pillay (5)
"did you get a job with the tourist board?? i like it. a bit stumped though with the: "rushing blue waters quickly... with cooling bubbles greet me", however. you mean blue waters rush quickly? "rushing" describes the blue waters, i understand. whats the "quickly" represent then? ah, you know me, i only get half of what i read anyway! i was always wary of the word "malaysia" though. "mal" means "bad" or "sick". aysia, i guess is just "asia". hmmm... enjoy your poem!" -- Jersey Mike, belgium.
"Thanx but I am not particularly interested in getting comments from you. " -- Nesam Pillay.
"Hi Nesam, pretty,I felt I was there,Give Mike a chance,he can be acid,but I dont think he means to be,he just comes over that way,he has a lot to offer on tech side.that soft little kitten has claws.would love to hear a poem from you,on that side of charecter,"CLAWS IN WARM VELVET"BIG HUG, dIANA" -- Diana Venditti.
"Mike Hi,correct me if I am wrong,should you not have said,enjoyed your poem?or, do you wish Nesam to enjoy her own poem'D" -- Diana Venditti.
"Tx Diana. I like being straight. If I dont like something its better to say it! I also believe in being positive when giving a critique/reviewing. This would encourage not dampen spirits. There is a thing that's called tact when doing things, and I appreciate those who use it!" -- Nesam Pillay .


Senryu Poem Of Popular Oxymorons by Higgins (1)
"very well done!! many I had never thought of :)" -- km.


Rock And Roll by Higgins (1)
"Interesting point of view. Different way of using a poem" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Rain-A Haiku by SAR (5)
"Hi, thats great,you are very clever, one day you could become a great poet.(for all who read this poem, talk to the young and budding poet, he or she needs to hear what you think,You want revues like me ,this little one probably more than we do) Diana Venditti" -- Diana Vendittit , Italy.
"Clap Clap Clap! I loved your haiku. Excellent job S A R!" -- D. G. Williford.
"simply brilliant! i wouldnt dare attempt haiku at my age ((-; keep it up SAR!" -- nesampillay.
"Very nicely done, SAR! Your mom must be very proud of you...and she certainly should be. I don't even know what a Haiku is!" -- Dohn Gayne.
"i wrote my first Hiku the age of 17, i won a competition in school, than after 23 years i entered the same poem in a competion and i was smi-finalist and after that l love poetry, Your are only 8 - a born poet - your Hiku is excellent." -- Amarjit Bhambra, Hayes , Middlesex, England.


Pull Of The Tides by D G Williford (1)
"nice, calming piece." -- echo.


Orangy Love by Nesam Pillay (5)
"Hi NP, like this, its different and refreshing. Diana" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"Dear NP, This is to say goodbye ,I dont have you e.mail address so Have put it here, that does not mean to say I will not be reading your poems, I will every morning, big kiss to J. I have upset a few people on this site, seeing I am new here ,I feel rather than having cat fights, I shall leave, my new book will be out early next year, if you post e,mail will give you details. Kindest regards and keep writing, you have a lot of promise, Diana" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"very visual...very well done" -- e. Rocco caldwell.
"I liked the title alot. Very vivid, powerful piece, I like your use of colour and sense of taste in the piece. " -- kavya.
"Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments. This piece was an experiment! Glad you felt its presence!!" -- Nesam Pillay.


My Curse by D G Williford (8)
"could feel the angst - the visions were nicely described." -- echo.
"I really liked this very honest and open piece..." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Hi, moving piece, I liked it. kind regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Vendittit , Italy.
"Thank you echo, Rocco and DV. The idea just came to me sitting here at work, and I had to submit it. It was also a small tribute for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. " -- Author.
"It's a nice idea, I like the little vignettes you've presented. I don't know if this is listed as poetry but if it is, I think (just my opinion here)it's a bit too prosaic. I feel you could tighten it a bit, but again that's just my opinion : )" -- kavya.
"Thanks for your review kavya. How would you "tighen it up"? This is the first time I've written anything like this, and it was written so fast with no specific meter, etc. in mind. Suggestions, if you please! Thanks Deb" -- Author.
"Well, of course this is just my opinion, but if you can get anything out of it super. I know nothing about meter and stuff, I'm just going to give you my own, flawed opinion ; ). Let's take the first 4 lines- I felt you kind of gave it away too quickly, you know? Maybe just say something like "I saw today, like I saw yesterday, my curse in the face of others..." I wouldn't be so direct right off, use a few, well-chosen words to make a powerful impact, it's the first brushstroke, so to speak.Then you could go into the vignettes directly, but again, I think it would be nice if you used a few, simple powerful words to paint your picture.Feel the scene and describe what impacted you the most, a colour, a smell. If you put it to together honestly, right from your gut, it will work. I don't think I have enough space to go into the poem in detail here but I would be happy to discuss it with you, perhaps by mail. Let me know.This piece has potential and I think you write well. Keep at it!" -- kavya.
"Thank you again. I see what you are saying and it is a bit forced. I think if I had just let the visions flow that it would have worked better. I like your idea about changing the first lines. I may rewrite this in a different approach and see what happens... thanks for your time and help. Deb" -- Author.


Love Me, Love Me Not by Dri Cook (2)
"I've said love is blind once or twice before, I guess it depends on your perspective on the relationship. One of my friends has been hurt alot by her bf, and she's finally now starting to open her eyes and see how much better it could be. I think it's very true that if you really want something to work out with your partner, you -at least I- will always be apologizing for something, even if its not your fault. It takes a deep understanding. Good job on this one, its one of my favorites of yours. " -- Bryan.
"thanks, Brian, you are right: it does take a long understanding, sometiems a lot of tears but it is always worth it at the end." -- Dri.


Love Is Blind by David Con (2)
"Whew that's some creepy stuff! I like how you managed to cram an entire, very vivd story into there- it's more a story than a poem but disturbing, whatever it is." -- kavya.
"How do you explain this one, Was love blind for in her? or her other half? Very good read - nice way of expressing love that is blind. " -- Amy, London, UK.


Ive Got To Go by Megan Quesenberry (9)
"Meaningful...your inner thoughts sound a lot like mine" -- Donna Leigh, Alabama, USA.
"Sounds like the first verse of a song and it came right from the heart. " -- kavya.
"Hi Megan, I can identify with these feelings of yours! They are real enuf!! Kewl! Keep writing!" -- Nesam Pillay.
"thanks you guys! im glad that you like this poem because some people dont like anything that i have wrote... so thanks again!" -- megan.
"I liked your poems Meg...don't be discouraged with reviews, most people do offer constructive cricism, and ignore those that do not...hugs and kisses :)" -- mattie.
"thanks mattie! glad you like them! yours are great..wish that i was as good as you are!! Hugs~N~Kisses :)" -- megan.
"Hah, i agree with everyone here so theres not much to say, but keep writing, i love your work!" -- Josh / Axey.
"good work I like how the questions you ask!" -- L A Walters.
"I want mp3 player. What will advise?" -- Anton, New York, NY, united states.


In The Lonely Temple by Nesam Pillay (1)
"Hi, one feels the passion in your words,would like to see condenced a little,and find some other words ,as to not repeat too much, It has great feeling,erotic without vugarity. you could use blossoms instead of lilys on the repeat.I often fight to find other words,unless doing s song where chorus gets repeated.keep writing,you are all feel,D" -- Diana Venditti.


I Can by Diana Venditti (12)
"Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Welcome back. Let's call a truce. I'll take the fault. We'll chalk it up to my insecurities...Lord knows I have a lot of them." -- KM.
"Hi, thanks for the kind words,not your fault, I raise my hackles too quickly, I should take a lesson from my doberman ,hes intelligent ,only raises when there is REAL trouble.xxD" -- Diana Venditti.
"nicely done but u sure u want to make peace - cat fights are soooo interesting." -- echo.
"Hi,dont be a stirer, xx lets just write what we feel,but no bitching,I think we all have a lot to offer, no?now for me this poem is what I call chocolate box, I will leave a bit of info on The Duat, when you know who is who,you just might find it interesdting,I work with this material,thats the problem, I forgot that you might not know what the h... I was talking about,so I will try now to help,THANKS D" -- Diana Venditti.
"All these things that happen now and then help us grow, Diana, not only as a writer but especially as a person. Don't take people so seriously, Diana, just enjoy the moment and the good within each one of us. If you don't mind me telling you, the commas are not in the correct place. Some of them should not be there. If you want to improve your writing, punctuation is something really important, ok?" -- Dri.
"Nice one, as Dri said I think some commas are askew and a few typos but there are some very nice lines here. Glad to see you didn't leave!" -- kavya.
"nice work, glad to see you back!!" -- Nesam Pillay.
"First,thank you all for your interest,second,Dri dont take this wrong,I have said so many times,comma's ect ,have allways been a thorn in my side,but non of us are perfect,I would be happy if you give me a hand in this.D" -- Diana Venditti.
"Hi Nesam, as usual you have such a lovely way of saying things, this comes from the culture of your country, where I found people that were very special.thank you, did you get the E.MAIL?D" -- Diana Venditti.
"Hi,Kavya,Thanks ,looking forward to reading a new one from you.D" -- Diana Venditti.
"there are some good sites that can help you on commas and punctuation. Go to Google and they will come up. As for the typing, just be careful when you type, review your work, if you notice a mistake, repost it and try to always make your work look neat. Well, just answering your question. And no, I did not know that commas have been a thorn in other side. We all have thorns in our sides now and then, Diana, we just need to learn how to overcome them. Good luck." -- Dri.
"Dri, leaving commas etc apart, you NEVER say if you like the story line or not, would be nice to have your comments on the poem itself.D" -- Diana Venditti.


Hope Faith And Charity by Diana Venditti (2)
"Excellent... totally different... " -- D. G. Williford.
"Hi Deb, this is one of those that just comes,sometimes, we wonder from where?.D" -- Diana Venditti.


Have Not Met You Yet by Jay Little (1)
"Jay ... this so reminds me of a poem that I wrote years ago... Looking at the Moon ... check it out under Authors under my name... you'll be surprised... nice work!Deb" -- D. G. Williford.


Fairies by Diana Venditti (4)
"I picked this because I love fairies and most of all dragonflies... but if I may... here goes... Did you intenionally make everything nonpossessive? Farmer's should be changed and also that's and where and you're and you're again... and aren't if wrong... other than those minor problems... I loved the fantasy! " -- D. G. Williford.
"Hi DG, Oh dear! another total disaster,thank you so much for your help.I will scrap this one.Yes as for nonpossessive it just came like that when I was writing.I write poems very quickly ,they just come,and down on paper in normally ,not more than 15 mins,its a big problem,as I said before I will never write good poetry,ah!never mind, will try for a little while.again thank you for your precious time,can you ,that is when you have time, give me some ideas how it should have been written?D" -- Diana Venditti.
"Read your poem but it left me wanting - a lot! I was somewhat disappointed because quire frankly, when I started reading it, I thought it might be about gays. Titles can be so misleading." -- Arnold.
"Hi Arnold how tragic for you,realy so sad, try the gay sights, I am sure there you will find a sweet fairy to your liking.D" -- Diana Venditti.


Echo Of A Green Valley by Diana Venditti (3)
"very nicely done...I really enjoyed this..." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Hi Rocco, thank you for the kind words, I thought you had abandoned me.D" -- Diana Venditti.
"I want mp3 player. What will advise?" -- Anton, New York, NY, united states.


Duh! by Nesam Pillay (3)
"Hi NP, nice, try the word suffocating instead of pressurising,as you said "that loving needed breath" kind regards Diana,ps denotation ."the act of denoting,the actual explicit meaning or object denoted by a word" not sure if it could be changed for better word." -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"hi Diana! thanks and i have taken your advise (-;" -- Npillay.
"Hi , for me much better, then and this one, I'm not sure, cuts or would cut be better??????kiss to J. kind regards Diana" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


Dear Brother by Amarjit Bhambra (2)
"Very short,very simple poem..But it has emotion and a strong feeling of brotherhood,the love which is never lost,the love which ruins all walls ,even if you understand you will never see this person in this life anymore.I know what it is.Because I have the same experience.Thatnk you..." -- Elena Kravtsova, Nikolaev, Ukraine.
"Dear Elena, thank you for reading my poem. Sorry to hear about your experience too...Brothers will always stay close in our hearts - because they are always special..." -- Amy, Hayes, England.


Dawn by Diana Venditti (2)
"I erally liked the beginning, it reminded e of the greek (i think it was greek anyway) myth of dawn. You paint a lovely, racing picture but in the end, you suddenly lose steam (just my opinion remember). Also you need to watch the spelling but nice poem anyway." -- kavya.
"Hi Kavya, thank you for your critique,by the way read what you wrote above carefully. 2nd word.... then "it reminded... then no cap for (i think) and dont keep saying just my opinion, you dont have to be defensive when you write to me,just write what you think.LOL I am gratefull for your help,wish we could talk to each other,that is face o face, who knows, we might knock out a masterpiece between the two of us.D " -- Diana Venditti.


Dawn..... Part2 by Diana Venditti (2)
"Nice, very vivid picture. Keep writing. By the way, what is allie?" -- kavya.
"Hi Kavya,glad you liked it, as the the word allie, I took a little licience,allies as this is in plural ,I dropped the s and there it is,D" -- Diana Venditti.


Castors Creek by Diana Venditti (2)
"that damn gold, brings out the worst, nicely spun yarn." -- echo.
"Hi Echo, well see as you are being nice I wont turn you into a toad x x DV" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


Bruises by D G Williford (1)
"very discriptive Deb. I like!" -- km.


Blue Moon by Diana Venditti (1)
"i love personification. nice job!" -- km.


Baby Play by Nesam Pillay (2)
"Hi NP, I LOVE YOU POEMS, I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK, AND YOU CAN STAY WITH YOUR NEW BABY EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY,AND I WISH JONATHAN BLUE SKIES EVERY DAY AS WELL. DIANA PS WHERE ARE YOU FROM?" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"what a nice uplifting verse, the love shines through." -- echo.


All Hallows Eve by D G Williford (2)
"Hi Deb, I feel you have only given us the first part of the story, please expand I am dying to know who she is,and what happens next,D" -- Diana Venditti.
"liked this, lets the imagination run with it." -- echo.


Ain't Politics Grand by Just A Guy (3)
"I always liked this. Thanks for posting again. I'm drowning here. Dont know if you noticed. Wonder if voting will help? Doubt it." -- Bush Fan.
"Hi ,for lords sake dont take this the wrong way, I LOVE IT.DV" -- Diana Venditti.
""drowning? hummmm, well voting is good for the soul, not so sure it's much of a life line. how could take your review the wrong way dv? am i missing something? thanks 2 you both for the confusion and remarks." -- jag.


Affection by Dri Cook (4)
"Nice one,small question, relieving or reliving old memories?I ,and I dont want to get attacked ,would have said, reliving.but there again ,one could reieve ones mind,of the burden of the past.as this was followed by,clearing up the past,yes ,you are probably right.D" -- Diana Vendittit .
"thanks Diana for pointing it out, but I did mean "to relieve". To relive would also fit but would change the meaning. I would never attack you, I only call your attention for the commas and typing because they are something important when you publish a piece, ok? Take care." -- Dri.
"Dri... Wow, I thought it was about two lovers meeting and then bam, it was two women... You got me! Great piece about bonding." -- D. G, Williford.
"yeah, this one is for Lucy, my daughter. Thanks, DG, glad you enjoyed it. " -- Dri.


A Walk Through Time by Diana Venditti (2)
"Hi Diana, I love the imagery of this particular poem. How do you do it?? I love watching the whole scene over and over again in my mind as I read it over and over again! Tx for painting this beautiful picture!" -- Npillay.
"Dear NP, Thank you for your super critique, I dont know where the ideas come from except those on Egypt,which is my big love. they just come, regards DV" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


A Walk Through Time Part 2 by Diana Venditti (4)
"better...you need to watch your spelling..." -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Hi Rocco, you have a good point there it has allways been a thorn in my side. as you have probably gathered I am not English, sorry about the deception, thanks for critique,Diana PS, one more poem,maybe and that is my last, must call it a day." -- Diana Venditti, Italy.
"The first one was good, but this one is better. Your imagery is very good. It was good enough that I was thinking Ancient Egypt in the first poem even before you mentioned Horus or Pharaoh in this one. In the latter part of this version, this begins to take us into something bigger. I thought it sounded like the lead in to an epic film - with this being recited smoothly by a mysterious voice as the described imagery was being shown like a panorama to the background accompanyment of the voices you described ... I found myself wanting to see the rest of it. Diana, I think this may be the best of your work that I've read thus far." -- Steven L. Howard.
"Hi Steve, this is the real Diana, what she feels, the passion, but on this site, no go. This is how I like to write, I feel it.so what do we do ,? search for something that they like, big mistake, I will in future write what I feel ,they dont like it , thats ok, but this is me.D" -- Diana Venditti.


A Sampling Of Senryu Poems by Higgins (1)
"here here here here here here here here here here" -- Ivette Guzman, Donnie Norris, Brad Kim, Annmarie Lynn.


A Rose Bloom by Nesam Pillay (1)
"Hi, nice, very nice, you are coming out of yourself, good. Diana" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


A Letter To The Fallen Catholic by Tony R Rodriguez (1)
"Hi, strong stuff, but I like it, has some very true statements.It reads almost like a poem.keep writing,regards Diana Venditti" -- Diana Venditti, Italy.


A Beach Fable by Joe Newton (1)
"Hi Joe, what happened? this is great, so different from your first two,congratulations.D" -- Diana Venditti.


There are 54 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.