www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Poetry - Reviews




Short Stories - Reviews
Poetry Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

The Sack Race by Colin Baker (4)
"Exciting poem that actually takes the reader on an emotional, heart-pounding, fun ride. I felt as though I was actually in the sack race." -- Nicole.
"Hi Nicole and thank you very much for taking the time to read the poem and posting your thoughts.. " -- Colin Baker.
"Colin, l love this poem and your involment in school sack race.The time, the moment, the summer, the fun of enjoying it all with you children - you are very lucky to have taken time to do this - momories are forever and to express in peotry is an Art." -- Amy, London , England .
"Hi Amy and thank you for these very kind comments" -- Colin Baker.


Topsy Turvy by Colin Baker (4)
"I am also a writer who used to post here until last November. I just browsed the site once again and came across this piece and I really enjoyed it. It was a great short poem. Nice flow. Great work." -- Jeffrey, Brooklyn, NY, USA.
"Hi Jeffrey of NY USA,and many thanks for your kind words.Just out of interest, why did you stop posting work here?" -- Colin Baker.
"Colin, I stopped posting here last November because I got tied up doing other things. One of which was working on establishing my writing career, among other things. I pass across the site from time to time. Oddly enough, none of the people I have grown to know when I was posting seem to be still around. Looks as if they have moved on as well. Thanks for asking, Colin. [email protected]" -- Jeffrey.
"Your welcome Jeffrey. Good luck in all your future endevours." -- Colin Baker.


Imperialism Dear Boy, Imperialism by Colin Baker (5)
"I'll say this for you. You are one consistent liberal asshole. You don't even know the meaning of imperialism. You throw the term around to include every English speaking person whoever set foot on foreign soil. What about the countless Iraqi civilians who were murdered and tortured BEFORE we ever got there? I guess that was different because at least outside imperialists weren't responsible for their deaths. " -- Richard.
"Hi Richard. You seem rather angry. Perhaps when one is faced with the truth, or at the very least an alternative perspective, one can become very unsettled. I can wholly understand this. In relation to the concept of Imperialism you are not quite accurate in your remarks. The term is generally applicable to powerful states who were historically fortunate enough to emerge as a tiny minority of nations that were able to industrialise productive economic relations. Imperialism itself has assumed many forms including super imperialism and the more contemporary ultra imperialism, whereby leading capitalist states co-operate in order to achieve mutual gains. Imperialism generally is necessitated and sustained by global uneven development which rich states (especially the USA) seek to maintain, by force if necessary.In short, exploitation is at the heart of imperialism generally. As to the deaths in Iraq before Gulf hostilities, Yes Saddam Hussein's state was often a repressive one in relation to its own peoples, yet the many acts of murder, torture and such like that the Iraqi state conducted internally over many years,passed without the West batting a 'political eyelid'. Even after Saddam's infamous gassing of the Kurds in the North of the country in the late 1980's (which was technologically assisted by The West), nothing was done militarily by the powerful Western states to punish Saddam, or his government when one might have expected it to be the opposite. It didn't happen, I believe, because it is ultimately 'economic' imperatives that inspire the USA and similar states to act (or not as the case may be), thus the timing of the Gulf conflicts it could be argued, were law governed by the need to secure control over the region's oil reserves. If you doubt that economic laws are at work, (economic laws which often serve to greatly outweigh rationality), then pause for thought one moment. Apart from the obvious anomalies such as the Kurds plight just mentioned, where for example were such purported principled ideals of Western democracy (yours Richard), when the Khmer Rouge were engaging in its 'killing spree' of the mid to late 1970's? Where were such ideals when countless hundreds of thousands of litres of 'agent orange' were released on the peoples of Vietnam by US military forces during the Vietnam War in the 1960's and 1970's?. Where 'are' such ideals now, in view of overt Russian state aggression in Chechnya recently? Stepping a little closer to (my) home, why doesn't the USA send in tanks and planes to help the Irish Nationalists recover the land that was arguably stolen from them by the Saxons centuries earlier ? Regards, Colin" -- Colin Baker.
"An "alternative perspective" does not necessarily equate to the truth. Inventing words like super imperialism and ultra imperialism may help to aggrandize your intellectual elitist frame of mind but like much of the "liberal" vernacular, it does little to aid you in re-inventing history, as most liberals and socialists who despise capitalism, religion, and nationalism, attempt to do. Your views of history are tainted and skewed by the doomed and warped ideology to which you have become addicted, most likely because it makes you feel superior to the rest of us; the slaves of capitalism and religion." -- Richard.
"Hi Richard... You are quite correct, alternative perspectives do not necessarily equate to truth. In fact the concept of truth in itself is a fascinating term for discussion. I personally did not invent the terms to which you refer above. Instead they have emerged as all concepts do, in response to real material circumstances and experiences in a human effort to explain and understand the world in which we all live.The concept on imperialism with all its sub concepts is an academic term but nonetheless a concept used for explaining and understanding. As to despising capitalism, religion and nationalism, let's take each in turn. Capitalism has, it is true been the most productive force yet known to mankind and without doubt, it has ushered in many inventions etc that will be of much benefit to the human species long after capitalism itself has been superseded. However, the optimum distribution of goods, services, wealth etc produced under the capitalist mode of production can readily be called into question. Capitalism is inherently unequal and uneven due to its inner laws of development as Marx and other subsequent authors have readily and convincingly pointed out. ( see for example Dr. E.J. Hobsbawm's works or E.P. Thompson's writings).As to religion, I do not despise this phenomenon at all, but see it as an evolving philosophy that is embraced by the ruling elites especially, in their efforts to distort scientific findings which continually serve to undermine such doctrines. Religion is part of human history and eventually will be history in its own right, when a quantitative change has grown in the consciousness of peoples generally, the need for religion as an explanatory framework will wither forever (see Dr. J. Lewis 'History of Philosophy' for example). This however, may be a century or so away. Nationalism again is a complex concept which you employ, like other academic concepts with untold haste. I am almost certain that your understanding of such a term is, at best primative. I do not despise nationalism, instead I choose to understand it as a necessary development of the capitalist socio-economic system, whereby stability of nations (IE. a transcending of political accumilation ) was a necessary law goverened development of capitalism itself. This stability was needed in order to establish and expand a global market in finance, goods and services on which the capitalist class depends. Nationalism, like religion is a transient phenomenon my friend. The human species has not always had nation states and nationalities despite what you may have been taught in your particular school Richard. As to a doomed and warped ideology of socialism, it is the doomed and warped ideology of capitalism that is currently see being played out across the world with horrendous results for many of the world's people especially those poor and defensless humans. (you know the ones Richard, the ones being killed each day by greedy capitalist politicians like GW Bush, T. Blair etc. The actions of which you only too readily condone from the comfort of your armchair). It's not me who professes a superiority Richard but GW Bush. I honestly believe he is so deluded as to think he is God Himself. I invite you once more, as I have done twice before to stop insulting and tackle the arguments themselves. Come on, pick out the key points and present evidence to support your view. we can then discuss your evidence together. I look forward to hearing from you. By the way, read 'Daisy Chains and Laughs(two humans being)' and 'Red Rain II', they are quite good I think." -- Colin Baker.
"Colin, The authors you cite, like 90% of academia, whose company obviously gives you comfort, are theoritsts, not doers. You can expound on their failed theories all you want, but none of their disciples has ever succeeded in implementing to any degree of success, a peaceful, cohesive, and economically "fair" communist or socialist state. If Bush and Blair are your examples of greedy capitalist politicians, they pale in comparison to the tyrannical elite leaders of communist and socialist regimes like Castro, Lenin, Stalin, etc. etc. The problem with your past and present heroes, which include scientists, is that everything they do is conceptual, based upon theories, many of which will never be conclusively proven. I especially disagree with your opinion that truth is conseptual. Truth is fact. Truth is reality. Only egomaniacal theorists and ideologues intoxicated with their own warped dreams of reality, believe truth to be in the eye of the beholder. You say religious doctrine attempts to distort scientific findings. Young man, I think it is just the opposite. Scientific therory, not findings, have for centuries, tried to undermine religious doctrine. This is primarily because most of the scientific elite are atheists to begin with and I'm sure they believe that they are more powerful than the God "invented" by the mass of non-intellectual humans. There is far more fact and truth in the Bible and the scriptures than in much of so-called scientific "findings." " -- Richard.


Unlocked Secrets by Dri (2)
"Nice work Dri...(as always). Your style here again was quality, you seem to have a good range of styles. Your poem's are alway's uplifting..keep them coming. P.S. can you do me a small favour nd review my personal friend's song..JaseyBoi..Please??x" -- Buxton.
"This was so beautiful>I wish I could express myself so well with words. " -- Rusty.


The Answer To Your Love by Dri (3)
"Hello my old friend. It's been a long time since I've been over checking out what you've been up to. You show me that I have been missing a lot. You have written in such a sweet longing and done it with such flow that it almost sounds like a song. In all, it works quite nicely. It was really an enjoyable read. Nice job. I hope you are doing well my friend." -- Steven L. Howard.
"this could be a great little song" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"thank you both. Gosh, I feel happy you two are back. Missed you, guys. Hugs and love." -- dri.


A Place To Hide Myself by Dri (1)
"You are a very talented poet.Maybe that place is located in the poems you write.I know that sometimes when I write poetry I get lost in my own little word" -- David Daniels.


Captain Courageous by David Daniels (5)
"a sad poem and a fine tribute to your brother. Nice to know he has a family who cares. A family who cares does matter in times of despair. I never had one but I have learned how to survive and I count on God, He is my everything and when families and people fail, He never does. I enjoyed this reading very much. Thank you for your lovely comments on my poems, David. Hugs, " -- Dri.
"I agree with Dri's review. But having lived, and barely survived an alcoholic spouse who allowed his drink to destroy his family beyond repair, but still refused to see. It is good that Captain Courageous has sought help, hopefully it is in time. And that he will be strong, with support of loved ones. I think this a postive supportive tribute. " -- mattie.
"To say this poem hit the nail on the head is an understatement. You captured him 100%. With the help of all of us he will make it. You did an excellent job David. You should be proud." -- Janis, Ginesville, GA.
"DAVID YOU ARE A VERY TALENTED MAN....YOU MADE THE TEARS COME OUT THAT I HAVE BEEN HOLDING BACK FOR MY BROTHER AND HIS FIGHT. I AM SURE OTHERS WILL USE YOUR WORDS FOR INSPIRATION AS WELL." -- JIM.
"Uncle David, that was a fabulous poem you wrote about my father. He is getting through this one step at a time and the help of his is making him even better. Thanks for all of your support. i love you" -- Andrea, Staten Island, NY.


Exquisite Rose by Dri (2)
"Dear Dri,I noticed that you deleted my first reveiw of this poem where I said that I fantasize about you.Did I offend you? Does it surprise you that I man would desire you especially since you are such a beautiful woman and you often write about love,sex and passion? You have to understand that because of the poetry you write I've become somewhat attracted to you.I know we've never met but your poems of love and romance evoke certain feelings in me that makes me think of you often.I'm sorry but sometimes a persons poetry effects me like that.But when I fantasize about you I often think of meeting you on a beach in Brazil and holding you in my arms as we lay in the sand under the stars of the brazilian sky.Anyway Dri,I hope I didn't offend you and if I did then I deeply apologize.I love your poetry and I promise to control myself when I read it.LOL Love your friend in poetry" -- David D.
"hi Daniels, well, I just thought you are having too many fantasies - LOL - which may not be the reality. You know, I'm just an ordinary and simple woman and I write from my heart and sometimes I wonder what kind of feelings I elicit from people, but this is what a writer is supposed to do right? I can't help it, I do have to write from my heart but I don't want you to think that you offended me, not at all, I am flattered. Hope we can remain good friends, poet friends, yes? Hugs and thanks again for your wonderful comments on my poems." -- Dri.


..You.. by Danae Bonomini (2)
"Wow danae... i reckon dis is heeps gud :)" -- Amy Anderson.
"This was nice...lots of feelings reflected. :) " -- mattie.


...Remeber Me... by Danae Bonomini (2)
"Wow danae!! sad... buh really really gud!! :) nicely dun... luv ya.. luv jenna and amy :)" -- Jenna and Amy, Newcastle.
"Wow... I've got tears. You've done well with da Ryhming, and it's written so well it's like you've actually experieanced this! (Which you have not, becuz your 14 and neither Have I becuz i'm ten.)" -- Aerial Ace, Boston, Masachuttes, USA.


You Loved Me From The Start by Dri (1)
"It sounds like love to me.I hope whoever this person is that you show your fears and scars too realizes what a amazing woman you are and gives you all the love and romance that you deserve." -- David D..


You Flew Your Love To Me by Dri (1)
"very sweet Dri. good to see you back here. I havent been around much. lost my muse. I'll find her soon i hope. Like your new pic :)" -- km.


Women Are Nippy Freaks by Tom Bomb (1)
"Nippy Freaks? Us Girls? NO way!! :)" -- mattie.


Wighead by David Daniels (4)
"This was so funny>thanx for the laugh man!" -- Rusty.
"A pleasant relief and a smile on my face :) lol I am glad you chose to publish this :)" -- Rebecca.
"Looked through your site. Good work! Ken." -- [email protected], USA, USA, USA.
"Sorry to hear that your lost your hair at only 20, nice to read about your experience - thanks for the laugh - we all have to take life with a pinch of salt. " -- Amy, London, UK.


Whispered Lies Among Soft Sighs by M Q Walters (4)
"Beautiful! Very poetic but yet sad.I can understand you not wanting your lost love to see you cry.But I can't help but wish I could lend you my shoulder so that you could rest your head and cry upon it.Then after you had a good cry I would wipe away your tears and do my best to make you smile.I hope I made you smile with this reveiw.Nice poem." -- David D.
"Shoulder accepted...Thank you David you always make me smile xoxoxoxo" -- mattie.
"I have been reading your poems for more than a year now. They are like songs filled with sorrow, breaking my heart, bringing tears to my eyes. My heart belongs to you. Even more so after I went to the Advisor and saw that you are more beautiful than my mind had imagined. I would like to email you, with your permission only of course. Do not want to give the impression of being weird. lol I guess this is weird! I wrote you a poem and posted it here, so if nothing else do let me know what you think. " -- Rusty.
"Wow! Thanks Rusty, I feel a bit speechless." -- mattie.


Thief by Buxton (1)
"I love this poem..it has more to it than the eye see's...Im sorry for your pain, but your representation of it through poetry is immense, I hope you see the sun, and not the moon." -- Ryan Day.


The Time Machine by Iain Spittles (1)
"top stuff , Spittles . Carry on." -- DEEVEE.


The Sparrow by M Q Walters (2)
"This poem makes me wonder what kind of bird I am.Am I the caged bird that sits alone wishing it could fly? Or am I the bird that soars hi in the sky among the clouds.I guess there have been times in my life where I've felt like both.I like poems that make me wonder about things.Nice poem,Mattie,and I can't help but wonder what kind of bird do you feel like?" -- David D.
"Hmmm...I am the caged bird...always." -- mattie.


The Round Dams by Patrick Collins (1)
"i like this poem, i like that you really emphasize the concealed sadness and the reluctance to let it free. It brings people in, and makes them connect...as i have felt this feeling many times before, and still do. very good. i'll be sure to read more of your work:)" -- Bridget L, Oregon, USA.


The Game Of Life by David Daniels (6)
"wow, what a poem. You're right: one of your best. I just could not stop reading from "head to toe". But I must tell you: the world is not that bad, there are still hopes and prayers are answered. And yes, I do remember where I was then the towers fell and life is a crazy game, but it is also a wonderful journey. Thanks for this great write. Hugs from Brazil and thanks for your wonderful feedback on my poems. I wish I could write more about this poem, but it is getting late here and I must go for now." -- Dri.
"Daniels, I just posted a reply to your comment on mine EXQUISITE ROSE. You did not offend me at all, my dear. Thanks again for your wonderful comments. You'll read it and you may understand how I feel. If not, JUST ASK - LOL. By the way, again, I did enjoy this poem of yours. Keep them coming.....Your pen friend, " -- Dri.
"I liked the message this piece portrayed. It was a bit long for me, and in my opinion (opinion being the key word) some of the wording could have been changed slightly without changing the meaning in order to give it a more even flow. " -- mattie.
"Dear Mattie,just out of curiosity what are some of the words you would change?The reason I ask is because I think you're a great poet and I respect your opinion.Thanks for the reveiw." -- David .
"I can see how it took you a week to write. Simply amazing I loved it from start to finish and although I love all your work I have to agree and say that yes it is one of your best. Lets all hope the game of life has began to play the cards in your favour :)" -- Rebecca.
"Email if you wish, I can give you more of my opinion...I am only an opinion...you know what they say about those...this was a good poem. I do not think I am a good poet...only that I speak from my heart. :)" -- mattie.


Surrounded By Love? Surrounded By Strangers? by Jaseyboi Sutters (1)
"EHHHH? Wat happened to my original review Jaseyboi it wasnt too harsh was it.... I like this more everytime i read it keep up the good work" -- km, illinois.


Start Asking Questions by Yessayana Hartfield (1)
"Every woman has gone through this crap. Putting it in words tells readers that they are not the only one---nice." -- Misty, Lynn, MA.


Seasons Of My Past by Danae Bonomini (1)
"your so great...." -- Aerial Ace, Lalaland, blah, blah.


Reflections Of My Soul by Dri (2)
"this gave me goose bumps. It was beautiful!!!! Very well written with a lovely flow." -- km.
"thanks, km, it's been a long time, isn't it?? How have you been???? Please, keep in touch, it is always a pleasure to hear from you. " -- Dri.


Promises Once Broken by Rohan Corea (1)
"This is a beautiful poem Ivan" -- Ivan.


Private Thoughts by Dri (1)
"Again I see another side of you and that is you are a loving and caring friend.It seems the more I read of your poems the more I learn what a wonderful person you are.:)" -- David D.


Pete by Heather Amos (3)
"This is incredibly depressing (well I know you seem to enjoy being depressed!). It's quite good as a poem however, and the repetition of the 'how can you' at the beginning is very effective. Thing is - did u really have a boyfriend who died before christmas? I was not informed of this!" -- Lizzy Quinlan, Yet again, Melbourn. Which, I know, isn't technically a city, ENGLAND!!!!.
"Wonderful tribute to your boy friend. This is your way of handling grief. I can read it in every line. Good job" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"serious typos...great tribute" -- km.


Our Love by Dri (1)
"Beautiful Dri.Not only are you a passionate and erotic woman but I can see another side of and that is you are a loving and caring mother as well.I wish nothing but good things for you and your son." -- David D.


My Question To You Would Be.. by Cerribah C Waters (1)
"Good Job Rach" -- Jon.


My Love Forever by Dri (1)
"No darling it isn't enough I want more! I want to keep reading about your desires and your passions.I want to keep reading about your fantasies and what the word love means to you.I am finding a lot of love when I read your poetry and I am finding that you are a lovely and fascinating woman who expresses her desires with a strong emotion that touches me deeply.All my love and hugs to you my romantic flower. " -- David D.


Memories Dear To Me by Danae Bonomini (1)
"i really really like dis one!!! :) gud stuff!!" -- Amy Anderson.


Lust Under A Crimson Moon by Richard L Minton (1)
"Nice :)" -- mattie.


L-O-V-E Thing by Charice L Boyd (1)
"hai mate! yeah i lyk this one...its very..ahh...i duno how 2 put it but i rekon its pretty good ;)keep it up :D it also has lyk really good rhymin in sum of the stanzas nd i lyk how yu've set it our..yu've dun well neva stop riting mate :D " -- danae , newcastle, australia.


Love From A Distance by John Roberts (2)
"Very nice poem.Sounds like you have a lot of love for your wife.I truly hope then when you and your wife united it was a magical event and you were never separated again.Nice poem." -- David Daniels.
"Thanks David, Suffice it to say that we have now been married for 38 years! and the sentiments still hold true." -- John Roberts, UK.


Losing by Rae (2)
"I really liked this :)" -- mattie.
"Its really "deep" I loved it and totally related to it!" -- Mary, Riverside, CA., USA.


Likely by Rae (1)
"Is this poem about the life of a zookeeper?" -- Steven.


Let Me Be Your Dream by Dri (2)
"WOW! YOU ARE AMAZING! This would make a great song.I think you should send it to record company and I think it will be a great hit. Or better yet grab a microphone and hit a couple of bars in brazil and start singing it yourself.I think you have all the qualities that make up a star.You're full of passion and desire and you're a beautiful woman.I know you'll be a star one day and in my eyes you already are.Just promise you'll keep writing on this website so I can still read your post,even when your famous." -- David D.
"hahaha - what a cute comment....good to know you believe I will famous one day, wouldn't that be something:-) Hey Daniels, thank you for your wonderful comments on my poems, my dear and yes, will keep on posting my stuff here, even when I am famous, ok? LOL. Hugs," -- dri.


Is He Worth The Pain? by Monique (2)
"hey would people please tell me what they think of my poems " -- monique.
"I thought it was very good. The rhyming seemed amateur at times but other than that it was good. " -- Jeff.


In Time by Rae (1)
"Beautiful Rae, as always. " -- km.


In Dragons Eyes by Chelsea C Nagy (1)
"I think this had great potential...seems you left it undone. :)" -- mattie.


I'm Right Here by Rusty (4)
"very nice. Well, don't give up, maybe one day she'll notice you, life always surprises us, doesn't it? Thanks for your kind comments on my poems. Hugs and take care, " -- Dri.
"Thanx Dri. And Moses I hope that made you feel better." -- Rusty.
"It did, thank you. Just sharing my thoughts, don't get all but hurt over an opinion of someone you don't even know really exists. " -- moses.
"How sweet! Thank you. What can I say about reviews? It appears that sometimes others forget the key word "constructive"." -- mattie.


Illusions Of Life by Dorothy Borden (1)
"Yes, it's poetry no doubt. It's always pleasure to read such a piece." -- Duke.


Identity by Rae (2)
"GOOD JOB RACH " -- Jon.
"I felt this...thanks :)" -- mattie.


I Found You, I Found Love by Dri (1)
"Whoever you found to love and to cherish is the luckiest person in the world.I can uderstand you asking the Lord to help you to love him.In your poem you talk of Heaven and I can understand why because I believe you are an angel my dear.I hope the person you found realizes how lucky he is because it's not easy to find an angel like you.I hope you find happiness in love because you truly deserve it." -- David D.


How Do They Connect? by Laura Fleeger (1)
"Hi! Do not prompt as me to send e-mail? = (" -- Kolin, New York, ME, united states.


Hoping For A Resurrection by David Daniels (2)
"I guess I saw less hope for resurrection and more acceptance of the finality of the relationship...just my opinion of course. I especially liked the lines "But as long as you realize That I wore no masks and no disguise I am what I am Which is just an ordinary man" Would like to meet someone who does not hide behind masks. Alas my own sadness shows through...anyway it was a good poem filled with sincere emotion. :) " -- Mattie.
"a very sad write, it did touch my heart. Beautiful lines of devotion and love. I hope she returns the love you feel for her. If it was only your imagination, know that it is still a nice read. Hugs and thanks for your wonderful comments on my poems, Daniels. Glad to know we are bonded thru this site and that i have a friend even so far away in miles. Hugs, " -- dri.


Hoeho by Josh Anderson (2)
"Great piece, I'd been wondering where you went! Good to see you posting again :) " -- rae.
"Thanks so much Rae =) Yeah, i sorta disappeared, no real inspiration lately, but it's all come back. Thanks once again =)" -- Josh / AxeY.


Her Depressed Life by Danae Bonomini (1)
"wow thats deep babe" -- raphael, townsvile, qld, australia.


Forgetting For The Beach by Laura Fleeger (1)
"And how many there is a print on the photoprinter? Who knows?" -- Photin, New York, ME, united states.


Forbidden Fruit by Dri (1)
"Growing in love as a couple obedient to the Lord's voice - you can never go wrong with that formula. Very sweet write my friend. " -- Steven L. Howard.


For Kevin by Amy M Marks (1)
"excellent work, Im sorry for your loss...but thankfull you shared this with us..thank you and keep up the good work:)" -- Buxton.


Feast Of Love by Dri (1)
"pure sensuality...there are some very good lines in this one "You elicit feelings in me!" That's a wonderful line...the use of the word elicit has some many possibilities. Good job." -- e. rocco caldwell.


Face In The Mirror by Dri (4)
"What does this poem mean,Dri? Does it mean you found love? Or does it mean that you can look in the mirror and love the person you see.I hope it means both because if I had a beautiful face like yours then I would love what I see in the mirror also.Nice poem!" -- David D.
"yep, it does mean I found love and he is a wonderful person and all my love poems are for him. I thought I would never be able to find love again since my heart was terribly broken 2 years ago, but the Lord was good to me and He did send me someone who makes me feel complete. Thanks for your comments, David. " -- Dri.
"I envy you a bit...am wishing good things for your heart! :)" -- mattie.
"thanks, mattie. I hope you too find what you have been looking for. Hugs." -- Dri.


Endless Flight by Dri (2)
"Is this poem about you? Are you the one that soars high in the infinite sky? You certainly soar high in the words you write and when I read them I soar as well." -- David D.
"oh yes, it is me indeed. I have always felt like an eagle, a beautiful eagle that flies an endless flight..........and I just love being an eagle.....it makes me feel so very free.......thanks again for your wonderful comments, Daniels. Hugs," -- Dri.


D.O.P.E by Jaseyboi Sutters (2)
"Good job sutters...I liked the last bit, it summed a stoner up." -- Buxton.
"Aye i get fit yer saen min. Anybody seen BIObabboon the cunts nicked ma nuts again........" -- Rabbit-Kid.


Doesn't Matter by M Q Walters (4)
"Dear Mattie,I can't help but get the feeling in your poetry that somebody you really loved broke your heart.If this is the case then I'm truly sorry and I hope you will one day find true love again.If you've already done so then that's even better.Anyway,nice poem." -- David Daniels.
"Dear Mattie,I'm writing to you again because I read this poem without reading the desrciption first.I guess I was right because it sounds like Darrell did break your heart.I really don't know what the circumstances were between you and him but I just know that another man will come into your life again and cherish you and love you like you deserve to be.Just wishing one of my fellow poets good things in life :)" -- David D.
"I hate getting to a poem after David...he always sums up everything perfect to say in his own review lol. Beautiful poem Mattie, I have missed being on this site and seeing your work and that of others and I know of the wounds of your past, obviously not at their full extent, but they will heal and you are a treasure to this site." -- Rebecca.
"David...you are always so kind in your reviews, kindness is an emotion that I rarely have bestowed upon me, thank you. And Rebecca...someday perhaps you and I can share our experiences...but til then writing and posting here will hopefully somehow allow us to continue to express ourselves...which hopefully healps us to heal. Much love to you both. :) " -- mattie.


As Long As We Are Together by Dri (1)
"Tell me,Dri,is there someone you're talking too when you write such loving things? I can't help but wish that you were talking to me.I wish I had a woman who would fight every battle for me and face every confrontation as you would for your man.Any man who has someone like you fighting for him is one lucky guy.:)" -- David D.


Around The Corner by Dri (1)
"Many times I have watched beautiful woman out of the corner of my eye.Many of times I have dreamed about beautiful woman.This poem you've written makes me want to visit a fiary tale land where everyone has a beautiful smile like you,Dri, and everyone writes passionate and meaningful poetry like you do as well." -- David D.


And I Still Believed... by Dri (1)
"Beautiful1! This poem shows me a whole new side of you.Like i said in my other reveiws you are a woman of passion,not just for someone to love but for the Lord above.I'm sorry if you were mocked or humilated in the past but you are a gifted writer and through your writings I am discovering what an amazing woman you are." -- David D.


Am I Right? Or Am I Wrong? by Dri (1)
"I think you should always go with what your heart is telling you and I hope the chances you take in life lead you to the path of love.I beautiful woman like you should always be on that path and if you should ever fall then I hope there is a beautiful person walking along side you to pick you up." -- David D.


A Witch by Duke Sekhon (1)
"LOVE, love love....the last stanza!" -- km.


A Time To Fall In Love by Dri (2)
"Baby,when I read your poetry I feel like your talking to me.Anyone who doesn't accept your love,Dri,is a fool." -- David D.
"That was good. Thanks for reviewing my poem The Colors of Love. Im only 14 so my spelling might be off." -- Michael W..


A Hope Without Hope by Duke Sekhon (2)
"nice work. i can see the influences of the romantic poets you admire. i to started my poetic life after taking a romantic poetry class. i like your style. " -- nick marshburn.
"Thanks for the comments, Nick. You are right about my writing reflecting the influences of the bygone era of � Romantic Poetry�. Some may regard it needless affectations on my part, but I assure you it is nothing of that sort --- it's simply that I love such poetry and believe that one writes what one reads, naturally. Since you happen to be well versed with Romantic Poetry as understood in literature, you may have noticed that people similarly inclined as myself are in great minority. But, what really matters is what gives one pleasure, and I have chosen as such to read and write in a manner which pleases me most. I consider myself a mere poetaster, who belongs to the ranks of those whose pathetic efforts at writing Alexander Pope had mercilessly demolished in, �The Dunciad�." -- Duke.


3 Little Words by Dri (2)
"Dear Dri,the more I read your poetry the more I realize what a passionate and emotional woman you are.You seem like a woman who has nothing but love in her heart and whoever receives that love will be the luckiest person in the world.I find it hard to believe that I passionate,sexy and beautiful woman like you has no one to share the flames of love that burn inside you.I feel that there is an erotic fire burning in your heart and when I read your poetry I feel the heat.Your poetry is sensual and it turns me on because I feel that you are sensual.I also feel that you will go out of your way to please your love and make them the happiest person in the world.You,My Dear,are truly the romantic one! Keep Writing because i love your poetry." -- David Daniels.
"Sounds like somebody (named David Daniels) has a crush!!!!!!! Dri, this is lovely, as always. I think I owe you an email dear. I'll get to it soon. Hope all is well, take care." -- km.


There are 64 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.