www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

Beyond Death by Robert A Ferguson (2)
"makings of something wonderful...hang in there" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"Beyond Death really gives a chilling, realistic sense of how someone feels before they die. It shows how much one loves other people through how they feel and what they see." -- Joshua Bermudez, Des Plaines, IL, United States.


The Exploits Of Tal'on Kepp by Michael Harris (2)
"Well written with plenty of action and marvelous descriptions. In reading your stories I'm fascinated by the names you've created. They are very unique and fit the characters so well. This sereis should be published. Look into it. Very nice job, Michael" -- Gregory Christiano.
"Hey, Gregory! I'm glad you like the names of my characters. That's something I want to be prevalent in all of my fantasy works, good names. Thanks again and I'm glad you see potential." -- Michael Harris, Detroit, MI.


Better With Age by J Shartzer (1)
"Jesus Christ...you really caught me off guard with that one, but its was really good...of course. " -- Aryka.


Randy And Sarah by Z E S Carothers (5)
"Very nice story I loved it. Obviously you will put the rest of the story up later. Quite exciting I look forward to seeing your other works as well." -- Kyle Gertties, MI, US.
"can find your story ohh well i love you n e ways without reading it " -- Heather Johnson, Yuba city, ca, 95993.
"its a long story but ill read it later i promise" -- Heather Johnson, Yuba city, ca, 95993.
"hay its me steven it was cool. thats all i can say.lol" -- steven , hastings.
"really good story cant wait till you finish it it was really good u should sell it or something great story" -- cameron , coleambally, NSW, australia.


You Don't Have To Talk... by Harvey Kennett (2)
"Some really great ideas, i wish i could of thought of something so simple but yet so genius at the same time. " -- Moses Constable.
"I find it interesting that you related people to books. Being a shy girl, I never really thought of reading someone as a book but it makes complete sense. Such a genious idea!" -- Nicole, Chicago, IL, USA.


Wto Rally The Final by E Rocco Caldwell (3)
"Excellent! Bravo! Reality is a joke! "Remember reality is only a joke�that is if you can ever truly determine what the punch line is!" Fucking brilliant!!! Sorry I had to use the F-bomb there. You are a really gifted writer. Keep it up. " -- ryan severud.
"Hi Rocco, it's a brilliant piece of writing. Congrats. " -- Partha Pratim Majumder, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
"Nice one. real cool joke. like ryan say, fucking brilliant!!! keep it up man!" -- Akira NJ.


The Sucidal Games by Lucy Midnight (2)
"This piece would have been a lot better if it had been better formatted, but that's just about all that's wrong with it. At least, I think so. It was hard to read because of how the words were arranged." -- Pal.
"Also, the ending was very confusing." -- Pal.


The Spectator by Harry Buschman (2)
"Interesting story with detail on sensory perception. Well-written, not sure I like the ending or that I could figure it out. I wanted to know how he stopped the crime and if he did. I don't personally know very manydeaf people but the ones I do know don't seem as detached as your character. Differences between men and women interesting here, too. A well-written, intriguing story. " -- Shelley, Fullerton, ca, USA.
"A very well written story. I liked the ending, I thought you had narated what was going to happen well enough for me to understand and be entertained." -- Craig, Nottingham, England, UK.


The Rich Little Chipmunk by John C Popiel (1)
"Hahaha not to bad John. The ending with the chipmunk is priceless. Fine work. " -- ryan severud.


The Guitar Man by Jason Taylor The Bloodman (4)
"Doc sure knew how to get to the root of all feeling...very nice piece." -- KM (Michelle).
"so eerily real." -- Just A Guy.
"Excellent piece... Bravo as I would have told Doc. Thanks for submitting this Jason... We miss him so. Deb" -- D. G. Williford.
"Wow! I miss him!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


The Friends by Lucy Midnight (1)
"BEKAH??? umm good story mystery person..." -- Ericka .


The Cubicle by D G Williford (1)
"Work is only fun for those people who get to call the shots. And those suck up employees who want to topple the boss from his throne" -- Steven.


The Adventures Of Archie 3 - The Spider Catcher's Tale. by Xoggoth (1)
"How bizarre! Douglas Adams is either very proud or rolling in his grace God rest his soul" -- Craig.


The Adventures Of Archie 1 - The Great Escape by Xoggoth (1)
"Creative! Very well written but I didn't like the term Chinaman because it was used to degrade the chinese. Other then that I liked the story and will continue reading the others." -- e. rocco caldwell.


Te Quiero by Lucy Midnight (1)
"I don't how old you are but that was maybe somewhat interesting. You mean to tell me Hannah did not know that Cody was hispanic or was he? Why didn't she use a spanish dictionary to look up the words or couldn't she spell? What time period did this occur in? Did Cody die with his clothes off, after he and hannah had had sex? With cancer being that advanced it's aweful strange that his parents would not be close by. It's rare that a person with cancer just drops dead, if he's been diagnosed and treated. You need to research your story details first and make sure you have all the facts then write based on the specific details that are available from your research. You can use this method with both nonfiction and fiction. " -- Wesley McCants, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.


Room 86b by Lucy Midnight (1)
"It'd be easier on the reader if maybe you'd indent after a new speaker talks. That's all I'm sayin." -- sandel clark.


Right Place, Wrong Time by Maggie Danials (2)
"i like ur story very nice can u send me some more to my email add" -- soni, mumbai, maharashtra, india.
"Fast-paced tale. I identified witht he characters and their needs. Perhaps a bit too quick (the story), could use some more sensory detail perhaps. All in all I enjoyed it." -- Wendall, Winchester, VA, USA.


Radia by Z E S Carothers (3)
"i like it. its a very good book. (well begining at least) oh yea one more thing good job big bro (yes ppl hes my brother)love ya lots" -- Amy renee', yuba city, california, us.
"I naturaly like storys like this one. Very creative, it would make a good book for the younger ages. I already saw your other story and loved it. Put more storys out there and you could go along way." -- Kyle Gertties, MI, US.
"terrific clarity; a clean style" -- d wells, Va.


Monty On The Run by James Bondjamesbond (1)
"I don't know what is going on but it is getting real good! I like this so far!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Miranda And Her Doll by P J Francis (1)
"I guess Miranda is angry or something." -- J.


Introducing Monty Finch by James Bondjamesbond (1)
"so far so good. I just was what hit Monty that knocked him into the water. Was it the bike rider? I was completely clear on that...it appeares he was drugged by something. " -- e. rocco caldwell.


In Capable Hands by Erasmus Flynt (1)
"This was a very interesting little story, very good and intelligant. I'm really noot sure why I'm not recieving any e-mails, but I have another on that i'm sure that works: [email protected]. I'm sorry for the inconvience. Please try again because i'd really like to hear what ever you have to say." -- Moses Constable.


Hook by Amanda Connison (1)
"I loved this! Was the fear in their mind or was it real! The smile on his face at the very end leaves you wondering. This story held my attention and the suspense was wonderful. Good job! " -- e. rocco caldwell.


Gold by P J Francis (1)
"Alot of milage for such a short piece! Not an easy thing to do with short fiction. This piece would lend itself well for the beginning of a novella lenth work. Good job!" -- RAM, usa.


Girls Vs. Boys by Lucy Midnight (1)
"I'm going to be honest with you. I didn't even finish the piece. Maybe if it wasn't all one big paragraph it would be easier. Try indenting after a new speaker talks. Whew..." -- sandel clark.


Expectations by Jacson A Bevens (5)
"This is an extremely well-written piece. It's some of the best writing I've come across. I'm looking forward to more from this author in the future." -- J.
"I really enjoyed this story, and I am looking forward to reading more from this author. It is well written and very romantic." -- Lydia, Richmond, VA, USA.
"Thank you for your review, Lydia. It's very uplifting and encouraging that you read and enjoyed my story. I'm pleased that it piqued your interest!" -- Jacson, Bellingham, WA, USA.
"Thanks for the review, J. It's comments like yours that make posting this story worthwhile!" -- Jacson A. Bevens, Bellingham, WA, USA.
"amazing, am going to read all yr writings." -- Alvin.


Devastation 2 by Buxton (1)
"Awwww that's so sad. understandable and good point, can do anything you want but nothing to do." -- louisa, aberdeen.


Black Widow by Lucy Midnight (2)
"Uh...a very interesting piece, perhaps a little rough in the...uh...good department. The story was a little fuzzy, too. Maybe you could fix those things. Just a suggestion." -- sandel clark.
"Yeah, fix it with your delete button." -- Harry.


Being An Atheist Is Hard by Aaron Horn (3)
"its very good work..this is i'm guessing a persoanal opinion, which i understand, because i've been in those moods before u know..i'm 23 and i go through those thoughts all the time...its a shame that parents aren't understanding of anything like this...they tend to be one sided, probably because at this point in their lives they aren't questioning things like this...ur age does this to u, which isnt' a bad thing...i think really that people need to question things like this...life is short really, of course to me i wish something radical could happen in our lives and then we could make some real differences out there...but the truth is people just wanna have something to believe in just for the sake of hope out there...thats probably the meaning of life really... to have a hope in ur existance, because sooner or later we will have to get a job, and make money, thats what it comes down to...its a society thing too because we live in a time where we have the time to question our lives a lot more now...we got nothing better to do:)but u wrote some good stuff right there.....read my poem that i wrote, its on the bottom of the new titles thing"what i see"..its my opinion of life and what comes of it...good luck buddy:)" -- alex kalogeresis, ny.
"Actaully, I'm not an atheist, but I know a lot of people that are. A friend of mine was the inspiration for this story." -- Aaron Horn.
"Well done but I would point out one illogical aspect of atheism...to know without a shadow of a doubt that there's no God...one would have to know everything in the universe and thus that person would be God! It is more logical to be an agnostic...one who doubts the existence of a god! I just thought I would point that out!" -- e. rocco caldwell.


Bare Facts by Partha Pratim Majumder (2)
"I liked the symbolism of how western influence has in a sense made Indian culture a whore! I saw Swapna as the last vestment of Indian culture affected by British rule. She did the same thing that the poor woman did. The Indian males were lusting after her and she was being fed by their interests. I really enjoyed this piece. I thought it held everything a short story should have. Well done." -- e.rocco caldwell.
"Very good short story. The end is sad but the start is stunning. It has all that a quality short story does possess. Good piece." -- Kajal Nath, Siliguri, West Bengal, India.


At A Wto Rally by E Rocco Caldwell (1)
"Holy crap. Very fine work Rocco. I've read a few of your poems that amazed me, but this is my first story I read of yours. You have a fan. Your descriptive views are mouth watering. Can�t wait to read part 2." -- ryan severud, san diego, CA.


At A Wto Rally (Part Three) by E Rocco Caldwell (3)
"Hi Rocco - Long time no read. I enjoyed this one on many differant levels (as i always do when reading your work), It said a lot without saying to much, It shouted reality, but echoed humour. I like this piece for it's in-depth co-ordination of the moment that you convey, and imagination of relentfull boundries that exist in another plane. Loved it! is what Im trying to say:)" -- Buxton.
"I was honestly afraid no one would get this piece and read it at a level resulting in missing the central theme but you hit every point! I really appreciate your review it means a lot!" -- e. rocco caldwell.
"You got me hooked man. I want more!" -- ryan severud, san diego, CA.


At A Wto Rally 4 by E Rocco Caldwell (2)
"Excellent once again. The dark and fast flow gets the reader hooked. Cant wait for part 5. " -- ryan severud.
"hey! Just wondering where you have been.........Dri" -- Dri.


A Perfect Crime by P J Francis (1)
"A very creative write and once again you have impressed me with your work. Well done!" -- RAM, usa.


A Marriage Made In Heaven by P J Francis (1)
"This was a fine piece of writing, kept my interest throughout and flowed easily moving this story forward to it's unexpected conclusion. Your gift for descriptive narrative is evident enjoyed your use of words & how you used them! Looking forward to reading more from you! Well done. " -- RAM, usa.


There are 35 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.