www.storymania.com
Storymania Logo

 

 

Short Stories - Reviews




Short Stories Reviews
Poetry - Reviews
Novels - Reviews
Plays - Reviews
Screenplays - Reviews
Songs - Reviews
Non-Fiction - Reviews
Essays - Reviews
Foreign - Reviews
Reference - Reviews
Children - Reviews
Genres - Reviews

The Arrivals by Michael Harris (1)
"For it to be the sequel to "The Rivals", some of the critical aspects that were mentioned in the prequel, were not followed-through in this piece. However, it was still well-written, very interesting storyline that kept you wanting to continue to turn the page. You'll think you've got the plot all figured out, but then there's a surprise that just throws you all off. It was very suspenseful and quite mysterious, in my opinion. " -- Miss Shanee Faith, East Lansing, MI, USA.


Tortured To Death by Corey Moon (12)
"What is the purpose of this? Why waste everone's time posting something unfinished. I think you've been watching too much prime time media obsessed with exaggerating tales of prisoner abuse. Grow up. " -- Lester.
"I agree with lester" -- Todd.
"I liked it myself; as a published writer, I have often submitted an unfinished story for opinions. Dont lisetn to these guys; it is good. Want some help? I will be glad to. Send me your emaila add and I will go from there." -- vince o'neal.
"By all means, listen to Mr. O'neil, the published writer. Don't you know that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. How sad to see what this site has become. " -- Lester.
"Wow lester, at first i thought nothing of you. You have realy proven to me that you have no life. Tell me, is the weather nicer up there, higher then the rest of us? You tell me to grow up... thats funny coming from a man or whatever the hell you are, who goes online following up on someones writing talking shit. get a life. I know you will have some wity comeback in a couple of days or possibly as you were reading this comment you were correcting the spelling errors and were possibly thinking about touching on that subject in your next hate comment. Till next Fuck you lester." -- Corey mutha freakin moon.
"And here we have Corey, another wanna-be who likes to play in the sand box with his other talentless friends where they can delude themselves with compliments about each other's work. None of you can take any form of criticism without pouting like childish, spoiled fucking brats who are still trying to figure out their sexual orientation. " -- Lester.
"CRITICISM!?!?! is that what they call it? i thought that was just talking shit? and please i dont give a shit about what people say, you could talk crap about my stories all you want, and it wont offend me in anyway. What does offend me however is that someone like you can think of nothing better to do but go around and talk shit. and if i were to pout as you say, i wouldnt pout to a low-life like you, your nothing to me. Where did the sexual orientaion come from? could you think of nothing better to say? Wow, like i have never been called gay before... i dont think i have to even tell you what my sexual orientation is. really though lester, i dont know if you get off on telling people they suck, and to tell you the truth i dont care, but really, lets be adults here. FUCK OFF YOU LOSER! GET A LIFE!" -- Corey Moon.
"I'm acquainted with Lester, who used to teach English literature. He is frustrated by the quality of writing on this site. He may be a little harsh but I can agree with most of what he says. I don't think writers should clutter up this venue with unfinished work, expecting it to be edited and improved by others. The trouble is that there are too many very young writers who jump into writing (mostly copycat writing) before they've begun to pay their dues by READING quality English and American literature like the classics, and other significant writers like O'Henry, H.P. Lovecraft, Ambrose Bierce, to name a few. Reading Harry Potter and goose bumps are not going to help you appreciate quality writing. This is my example of constructive criticism. Take it or leave it. " -- Richard.
"Persoanlly, i dont give a damn, i dont care if this lester is the smartest man alive, i dont care if my story is unfinished, i dont care. But what i do care about is idiots who have nothing better to do but make other people feel like shit because they feel like shit. richards "constructive critism" is more constructive then i qoute "grow up". i honestly dont care anymore, talk all the shit you want say i read goosebumps or whatever the fuck i dont post on here anymore, I dont give a shit. i personally love reading. it might not be up to your standards but why would i want to be up there with on the snobs who think they are better then every one else? I know im not a good writer, but thats why i practice. If i couldnt come up with an ending and asked for a different view on the story then it shouldnt bother you and if does find a new site to talk shit on, becasue im sick of seeing the name lester on all my stories. if lester is frustrated by the quality of writing on this site then again, find a new one. i'm done with you losers, i take your critism and leave you with a fuck off." -- Corey Moon.
"I can't imagine why anyone would want to review the work of someone who's standard reaction to any form of criticism is "fuck off."" -- Shelly .
"To Lester, Todd & Richard (or is that Dick?) Are youse guys a bunch of whut Ah lak ta call them there yew-nik writers? You know, they know whut it iz, they know how it's done, maybe even witnessed it being done, yet lack the equipment and ability to actually do it themselves. Why don't youse cats show dumb ass Corey how it's supposed ta be dun? Hmm? How bout you experts write the perfect short story so we dumb ignorant, uneducated bastards out here can learn from the best. Give us that exemplary example of writing that Ah'm shore only you can. Okay? We'll be a' lookin fer it! To Corey, The story is okay, but I didn't especially enjoy reading it because of the subject. You write well but a little on the "trite and true side". Let me say, however, that you can probably earn a living with writing such as this. I have been earning a very good living as a free-lance writer for over twenty-five years, publishing for another ten. Don't buy into the bullshit you have read from these losers; they haven't a clue. And, apparently, no meaningful lives. As a writer, you need to be able to withstand the criticism from almost every direction. I have found, and these wussies prove, that the less a person knows about a subject, the harsher the criticism. These little minds know even less. Continue with your craft, for craft it is. Good luck. " -- Jerry Ison, Talbott, TN, USA.
"Listen to the man who calls these critics losers. The lefty from Talbott, none other than Jerry Ison. He says he's made a good living as a free lance writer. I heard he spent more time driving a taxicab than writing and probably made more money driving. Another real fraud, like so many others who visit this site now and then. Hey Ison, tell us about your published works. " -- Joey Tillman, Nashville, TN.


The Price Of Freedom (2) by Richard Koss (1)
"Kind of a clever twist but not for the appetites of the morons cruising this site. " -- Lester.


The Lonely Donkey by Garry Michael Ames (1)
"There are a lot of pink donkeys out there today. Msny of them live in San Francisco. " -- Lester.


The Invasion by Wendland (5)
"For your own's sake and for the benefit of those who've had the misfortune to read some of the crap you've posted, go to school, complete your study of English grammar, punctuation, etc. before you try to write anything. Please! It's painful to read this stuff. " -- Lester.
"Phenominal piece. I was inspired and intrigued by your candor. That other reviewer is full of beans and doesn't realize the potential of a future crime author. Thank you so much for invigorating me in this way. I will be back for more!" -- Sheila, Discovery Bay, CA, USA.
"to great writer thaonk ya you for you great seating in wonders of that story: grena" -- grena.
"God help the future of this country! When we have childlike minds like Shiela applauding this work and claiming to be invigorated by the work of a future crime writer, we know we are weaning a nation of fools. Three things this generation will never possess are wisdom, common sense and especially, the ability to recognize either one. " -- Richard.
"I must ask Sheila from CA this question. Are you serious or are you just trying to bug Lester? This writer has done more to destroy the English language in 263 words than all the incoherent ramblings of 100 other bad writers on this site. It's painful to plow through the garbled and inconsistent use of tenses, mixing first, second and third person's speech at will. Then there is the lack of proper punctutaion throughout, the failure to capitalize proper names half the time, and misspelling the word commercial not once, but twice. Finally, even after visually editing the spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as a compassionate reader might do, I still can't find a story or plot. The closet thing to a positive review from any sane reader would be, "What the hell was that all about?" " -- John Lyndon, Miami U (OH).


The Building by Jessi (1)
"the building is real. the picture is real, the writing is real. no joke. ive seen it.. on a stormy day..." -- Jessi.


The Beginning by Daniel Atkinson (1)
"Im 27 years old,you brought back so many memories. Very nice how you worded this.Good luck with school. Stick it out till the end,its all good." -- Todd, Northfarfield.


Spooky Stories by Wendland (1)
"i love you and your storey mon you rock my but off." -- lizerd man.


Short Story (Incomplete by Josh Campbell (1)
"Mr. Josh Campbell when is about come your story's remain part?" -- Saima Ilahi, Pakistan.


Police Report by Vince O'neal (2)
"Kind of amateurish coming from a "published" writer such as yourself. A lot of holes. The report format is hardly typical of a city police department. Take the time to do a little research. " -- Lester.
"Holy shit! that's messed up. still good, though, in a slasher film sort of way" -- My Hyde.


Missy by Jack Linton (1)
"Great story! " -- S Jordan.


In A Guilded Cage by Devin Backman (1)
"I really liked this story. The articulation of phrases used to portray this story is nothing less than amazing to me. " -- Kate, San Diego , CA, USA.


Confessing Feeling... by M Rafique Danish (4)
"this is like a theory of apologize, very thoughtful!" -- Jenny, china.
"The story is good but the writer should be extended it." -- Thomas, Argentina.
"Well done on �Sorry�. I would love to know about Tack�s expression on this valuable talk !!" -- Fakiha, Islamabad, Pakistan.
"The word SORRY has essential value to restore breaking relationship but nowadays it has become fashion to make apology after committing mistakes. As you said "to make themselves satisfied� is easy but it is also important to know that whether someone is forgiven, trust can not be restore after being broken. If you have given wound to some one it can not be healed by saying sorry, one has to compensate for it too. World is making mistakes just to make sorry not to get well. Mr. Rafique Danish has nicely written about the topic. He must continue writing stories I like to read his work. " -- SAIMA ILAHI, Hyderabad, Sindh, Pakistan.


Cloey The Clown by Garry Michael Ames (1)
"The oldest form of comedy. People will always laugh at others' adversity and misfortune, especially if it is spontaneous and unrehearsed. Some even laugh at their own. " -- Richard.


Chirpy Bird by Garry Michael Ames (1)
"That is so sweet. l enjoyed this as l have an African Grey parrot and love birds....You little story tell me that birds rule....." -- Amy, UK, England.


Carl's Conscience by Sky X Stewart (1)
"This was alright, if not a little trippy, which I'm sure is what you were going for. But I have a few criticisms. In the second paragraph you change from past tense to present tense. Going into the overly long exposition about Vanse skate shoes and all that resulted from that exposition should perhaps be removed and would make for a better chapter, even if you have to add stuff to fill the story out. I also noticed words like bazaar being in places where words like bizarre should be. Overall though, it was ok, and kept me reading to the end." -- Michael Harris, Detroit, MI.


A New Day by Alex Maurya (1)
"Mr.Alex Maurya good approach being optimistic after facing bad circumstances of Life. Life is so precious everyone should live it anyway. " -- Saima Ilahi, Pakistan.


There are 17 title entries with reviews on this page.


Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
 

Copyright © 1998-2001 Storymania Technologies Limited. All Rights Reserved.