Jupiter
Saranekha Saravanan

 

Oh my gosh! Today I am going to the space learning academy and I think I will able to go to the moon. I am going there with my whole class. It is going to be awesome! I love space and I know a lot about it. Did you know that in Jupiter, it will rain diamonds and it is so cool. Let me tell why this happens:
Lightning storms turn methane into soot (carbon) which as it falls hardens into chunks of graphite and then diamond. These diamond "hail stones" eventually melt into a liquid sea in the planets' hot cores, they told a conference. The biggest diamonds would likely be about a centimeter in diameter - "big enough to put on a ring, although of course they would be uncut," says Dr Kevin Baines, of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and NASA�s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. He added they would be of a size that the late film actress Elizabeth Taylor would have been "proud to wear".
  Now did you know, Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system? It's similar to a star, but it never got big enough to start burning. It is covered in swirling cloud stripes. It has big storms like the Great Red Spot, which has been going for hundreds of years. Jupiter is a gas giant and doesn't have a solid surface, but it may have a solid inner core about the size of Earth. Jupiter also has rings, but they're too faint to see very well.
Jupiter is the fifth planet from the Sun and the largest in the Solar System. It is a giant planet with a mass one-thousandth that of the Sun, but two-and-a-half times that of all the other planets in the Solar System combined. Jupiter and Saturn are gas giants; the other two giant planets, Uranus and Neptune, are ice giants. Jupiter has been known to astronomers since antiquity.[14] The Romans named it after their god Jupiter.[15] When viewed from Earth, Jupiter can reach an apparent magnitude of −2.94, bright enough for its reflected light to cast shadows,[16] and making it on average the third-brightest natural object in the night sky after the Moon and Venus.
Jupiter is primarily composed of hydrogen with a quarter of its mass being helium, though helium comprises only about a tenth of the number of molecules. It may also have a rocky core of heavier elements,[17] but like the other giant planets, Jupiter lacks a well-defined solid surface. Because of its rapid rotation, the planet's shape is that of an oblate spheroid (it has a slight but noticeable bulge around the equator). The outer atmosphere is visibly segregated into several bands at different latitudes, resulting in turbulence and storms along their interacting boundaries. A prominent result is the Great Red Spot, a giant storm that is known to have existed since at least the 17th century when it was first seen by telescope. Surrounding Jupiter is a faint planetary ring system and a powerful magnetosphere. Jupiter has at least 79 moons,[18] including the four large Galilean moons discovered by Galileo Galilei in 1610. Ganymede, the largest of these, has a diameter greater than that of the planet Mercury.
Jupiter has been explored on several occasions by robotic spacecraft, most notably during the early Pioneer and Voyager flyby missions and later by the Galileo orbiter. In late February 2007, Jupiter was visited by the New Horizons probe, which used Jupiter's gravity to increase its speed and bend its trajectory en route to Pluto. The latest probe to visit the planet is Juno, which entered into orbit around Jupiter on July 4, 2016. Future targets for exploration in the Jupiter system include the probable ice-covered liquid ocean of its moon Europa.
Earth and its neighbor planets may have formed from fragments of planets after collisions with Jupiter destroyed those super-Earths near the Sun. As Jupiter came toward the inner Solar System, in what theorists call the grand tack hypothesis, gravitational tugs and pulls occurred causing a series of collisions between the super-Earths as their orbits began to overlap.[21]
Astronomers have discovered nearly 500 planetary systems with multiple planets. Regularly these systems include a few planets with masses several times greater than Earth's (super-Earths), orbiting closer to their star than Mercury is to the Sun, and sometimes also Jupiter-mass gas giants close to their star. Jupiter moving out of the inner Solar System would have allowed the formation of inner planets, including Earth.
Jupiter's upper atmosphere is about 88�92% hydrogen and 8�12% helium by percent volume of gas molecules. A helium atom has about four times as much mass as a hydrogen atom, so the composition changes when described as the proportion of mass contributed by different atoms. Thus, Jupiter's atmosphere is approximately 75% hydrogen and 24% helium by mass, with the remaining one percent of the mass consisting of other elements. The atmosphere contains trace amounts of methane, water vapor, ammonia, and silicon-based compounds. There are also traces of carbon, ethane, hydrogen sulfide, neon, oxygen, phosphine, and sulfur. The outermost layer of the atmosphere contains crystals of frozen ammonia. The interior contains denser materials - by mass it is roughly 71% hydrogen, 24% helium, and 5% other elements.[23][24] Through infrared and ultraviolet measurements, trace amounts of benzene and other hydrocarbons have also been found.[25]
The atmospheric proportions of hydrogen and helium are close to the theoretical composition of the primordial solar nebula. Neon in the upper atmosphere only consists of 20 parts per million by mass, which is about a tenth as abundant as in the Sun.[26] Helium is also depleted to about 80% of the Sun's helium composition. This depletion is a result of precipitation of these elements into the interior of the planet.[27]
Based on spectroscopy, Saturn is thought to be similar in composition to Jupiter, but the other giant planets Uranus and Neptune have relatively less hydrogen and helium and relatively more ices and are thus now termed ice giants.[28
It is going to be great fun as if you can actually see and learn about a lot of the planets. It is going to be awesome and perfect. I can�t wait at all for the trip and finally I get to go when the bus arrived. I was having a chill down my spine. Well, let me tell you what happened last week.
It was just another sunny day and me and my best pal, Chloe, was just watching our favorite Harry Potter show on my new TV which my dad just bought yesterday and it is working really well. The screen is really big and I love it. My parents aren�t going to be here for a whole week, so Chloe and I decided to have a play date. We had plans that were great and the first one was watching TV which we are already done and the second one is exploring the house for ancient treasure-if I manage to find- or maybe we could go shopping at the new shopping mall!
Well, Chloe decided that we should go and shop for popcorn for our horror at midnight. I was thrilled with her idea and we bought some popcorn, pizza for tonight�s show and it is about The Boogie Man. It is a movie where two children go inside an abandon house and find play hide-and-seek. During the game, one of the children will see a dark figure on the ceiling and I was The Boogie Man. When nightfall came, we got ready some popcorn and the pizza and started the show. After the show has finished we are full and tired, but we knew that it was unhealthy to sleep right after eating. So, we took out our phones and started playing a video game called Granny.
It is a game where you have to escape the house, but first you must find all the keys you need and if you manage to find all of them, then you can escape but you must beware of this lady with a baseball bat in her hand. You only have five days to escape and if you find this watermelon, well, there is actually a key inside it. You can also shoot granny with a shotgun or a crossbow. But granny will only faint for like about 2 minutes. I know it is hard, but you will manage it because granny actually find where you are, if, you make too much noise. She is really good at hearing. NEVER go to the bathroom first and WACTH OUT for bear traps. They�re everywhere around the house. If you can escape in just one day, then you are a legend and Granny. Maybe you should try Slenderina if you are really good and bored of it.
Here are some tips for you.You should nevr go into the bathroom. And should always go to the room on your left. You can hide under the bed. You can also hide in a chest but it is in some where I am not going to tell you. Well I will see you later.

 

 

Copyright © 2018 Saranekha Saravanan
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"