Laams (Love Apon A Moon Sky) (1)
Matthew Robert Stovell

 

Love apon a moon sky

The silver bullet fired, glistened in the air and shimmered in the moonlight sky. The pace of the chase was so fast that all three men seemed like blurs in the back alleys. Faith ran out to the window, and looked out. She could see the moon skylight down apon a litten alleyway. She saw her love run toward the window, only to fall over and hit the deck hard. The two house vampires looked up at the window to see the stunning surprise, then danced their victory away while she cried unstoppably, knowing that her only true love had been brutally killed.

Chapter One

It was midnight. The courtyard caught it�s light shimmering off clean bricks on the floor and windows from a building several yards away. There were three men, dressed roughly like each other with a black hoodie and baggy jeans. With the hoods up they inspected the area, something vampiric had happened here. Bloodstains were easily picked up along the walls of the courtyard, it seemed as a human had seen the end of his life this night and it was not the fault of the lycan species. If it were, then there would be much more than just blood on the walls. The moon became full, and the three men stood close to each other. On the alleyway on the other side, three more men walked through in black trench coats and the black attires. The two sets of warriors stood and faced each other. The metlers smiled, and the goth/grungers grinned exposing their weapons, they were vampires. One of the vampires took one long stride over into the middle of the courtyard, still smiling and keeping his cool �you haven�t seen any werewolves around here, have you?� the other three through down their hoods exposing their faces. They had already turned into the real act, they were the lycan.
     The three moved fast apon the vampires, and with the element of attack, ripped apart every body organ and bone in one vampires body in one fail swoop. The other two pulled out their silver pistols and started to fire uncontrollably at the murderous werewolves. Just as it seemed that shooting didn�t work the last shot managed to hit one of the fast moving pursuers. He fell to the floor in a heap and screamed in agony. The other two in the pack stopped the viscous formation and jumped to medically help their injured companion. Just as one looked back to continue the fight, they had already fled in fear. But that came at a terrible price, their friend had turned back, with the silver bullet still burning away inside him. He needed medical attention and within the next 10 minutes or his life will have perished. The roads back to main base took at least half an hour. They just had to work together, and keep this guy alive.
     
     �Yes, miss, but you see, these lycan are devilish creatures� said the tutor; with the tone of a famous astronomer �nothing much hurts them, apart from silver of course�. The girl laid down on her illustrious bed, filled with red and black all around. The moonlight seeped through her blinds, and lit up her room along with the lightning from time to time. The tutor sat in a furry red and purple chair instructing to the fire that gave the room it�s warming glow. �Why do we fight them, every single day, what did they do that is so wrong?� said the girl enquiring about matters that she already knew about. She already knew about the war, but no one knew what it was all about anymore. Only the elders knew, and they were a weird set of people who lead the vampires to success. �Well you see Miss Harshlam, we don�t know, only the elders do, and the only elder alive at this present time is Mathieu. He has led up for many a millinear� the girl flipped herself up and started to get changed while her tutor was not looking. �Yeah don�t I know it, he�s asked me to be his wife for almost 200 years now!� he looked around at her, and she was fully dressed. She had shoulder length, brown hair, and a great smile, she had deep deep eyes, and was blessed with complete beauty. But what really got the tutor was her style of clothing; someone with fangs should not be wearing a hoodie and baggy jeans. �What are you wearing Faith, don�t you know that�s lycan style?!�. Again she rolled her eyes at him and replied �all right, I�ll have a trenchy on, but that�s it okay?!�.
       The two walked down the aristocratic hallway with many other vampires walking through and about the place, completing their duties for the night then returning to their quarters. 70 percent of the vampire race lived in this one mansion, along with many elders. Some who are yet to be awakened, and one who lived. He led the race of vampires for all most 1,000 years to the present day, and has always tried to eliminate the lycan race. He is the only one who knows why the war is going on, and refuses to tell anyone, the almost biblical tale. His name is Mathieu, and is heavily respected with the rest of the vampire community. He shows many soft parts for his love Faith, who showed that his love was only one way for many years. In fact, she has seen herself not to be taken in by any vampire men for the 300 years that she has lived; she has never fallen in love. However knowing this, she is a great adversary in the war and is invaluable to the fighting force of the vampires. They had reached the end of the hall, and to the chamber of the elders where their leader resides. She opened the door only to see a room, empty except for painting on walls and a seat in the middle. Mathieu sat in the seat quietly; he had black hair and wore a long cape that covered the whole of the chair and some of the floor. He stood up, and kissed his fellow race on each cheek before instructing her to take a seat along with her tutor. The three started to talk about tomorrow�s plans of action, but soon the door fled open once more, revealing two vampires, battered and bruised. �What has happened my sons?� the leader said in a caring but instructing tone. �Lycans, three of them, ambushed us, killed Sagi�. All three looked down at the floor and prayed to the gods for Sagi�s return to hell. �They must be heading back now, set the sniper team up?��

       �Damn snipers, and fucking Rikard too, why does he have to be so bloody fat and hard to carry� said the untransformed lycan. The other just ran, to the fastest of his ability clearing the area of oncoming pedestrians and attacking vampires. The lycan population was so low at the moment; just one death could sway the scales of this war in the vampires favour. Rikard only had 5 more minutes, tops. �Come on Benk, we can�t let our fucking homie die thanks to a bunch of batty vampires okay? Just hang in their mate!� Benk nodded to his friend �will Matthieu know what to do Tony?� he just looked around at his fellow race member and shrugged his shoulders in deep puzzlement. They swerved between traffic, alleyways and silver sniper fire from very far away. Shimmers of shattered silver rattled on the floor where the three friends ran; the shots seemed to be getting closer and closer. Benk had spiked brown hair, blue eyes and was extremely fast. Whereas Rikard was bigger, fatter but one hell of a strong adversary. As for Tony, he had short Blondie hair, with a rise toward his right crown. He had deep eyes, no one knew his eye colour because they were too fascinated with the unique eyes that he possessed. The underground was quite near, and they weren�t that far away from their home and Rikard�s salvation. Just one more alleyway to go, and then the long run would be over.
       �One more shot Tashma, make it count girl�. She cocked the sniper rifle and aimed for one last shot at devil creatures. One with the blonde hair, she decided to take a shot at him. She had the sight locked in, and slowly squeezed the trigger. Just a little more, and the shot would be taken, along with the bastard lycan that killed Sagi. Just one last pull, and one more of those fucking beasts would be dead� just then, a flash hurled into the gun. Shattering its sight Tashma looked up, annoyed that some other sniper had taken out her shot. She grabbed her binoculars and looked around at the flash origination. A man just sat there, on the edge of the centre tower. He waved and smiled. �Fuck, it�s Des!� All of the snipers threw themselves to the floor in fear including Tashma. All she knew about Des the werewolf sniper was that he was unbeatable with projectiles. The only lycan known to use guns, and one of the strongest as well.
       �Yo, Matt! Rikard�s in shit here dude!� The elite Lycan turned around to his companion that laid on the floor crying out in pain. �What happened geezers?� Tony looked up to the ultimate werewolf; he had short brown hair, extremely big built and never smiled much. �Vampires, we got jumped�. Matthieu grunted in disgust and frowned down at his dying son. �Get me the meltza, we�ll burn it out of him�. This was almost torture for any of this race. They were going to burn it out of him, then scrape every slip of silver out of his bloodstream. The medical room that they were in was a room in an underground train station. The medic lycan looked deeply down as the leader started his work. More screams fled from Rikard�s mouth as the silver bullet melted into his bloodstream. Then Matthieu sliced open the son�s arm, and began scraping away at the vein to save his fellow race member. He found piece after piece of silver, and after 4 hours of strenuous work he managed to show his power once again by saving this member from almost inevitable death.

Chapter two

�If this works, it�s all over, just try.. Please my love, do not perish in this fight,� pleaded the vampire lord. �Look, I�ve done this plenty of times in training, I won�t leave my Covent okay?� responded Faith, who seemed to want to prove herself and win by any means necessary. The guns laid out neatly on the table. Silver charges and UV protection vests were nicely presented along the line of tables in the warehouse. 5 vampires fully armed and ready to end the lycan threat forever. Faith would lead the vampire elite into battle; the vampire elites were the best you could get in this new age army. The vampire elite consisted of four vampires, Tashma, the sniper, Micklonius the close combatant, Nathackt the weapons expert and finally Liash the Recon leader. The doors opened, revealing the night sky. The stars twinkled, and the full moon was bright. This was destined to be a long night on the town, one that would change the world forever.
      �The celebration going well I assume?� asked the king of the lycan as he looked down over the balcony into the colourful room beneath. Everyone was having fun, even though half of them had turned into lycan, but by now people were used to it. Even Rikard was there, now saved by the colossal might of Matthieu and his lifelong expertise. Tony, Benk, Des and many more were having the time of their life. Drink and food were fastly consumed; the music was played to the top level of volume. Tony sat on a chair, elbows on knees looking down to the floor. Many women walked over to him, trying to get a piece of the famous lycan elite. He was born a lone wolf, with his father long gone, and his mother killed by his own claw. He was forced to live on his own and developed independence, he needed no one. He became a lycan after almost being eaten by the king of lycans. He fought away after having his chest ripped by the werewolf curse over 30 years ago. He was 28 then and had earned the respect of all of his new kind by saving numerous of his clan from almost certain death. However showed no emotion, no love, no anger, and no happiness. In everyone�s mind, he was a programmed killing machine. However, he just sat in the corner, with his hood up, and head down. Tony was not the best talker, or even the best looker; he was respected for his honour, the wolf�s honour. You see, the weird thing about Tony is that when he turns into his lycan form, he turns grey, not brown like the rest of his race. He suspected something though, a big party like this would defiantly attract at least spy attention, why weren�t they here? Or maybe they decided that Sagi�s death was too powerful for vengeance. Anyway, he pulled himself out of his chair of which he was connected too for almost 2 hours now and walked into a nearby bedroom. He laid down on his grimy bed and looked at the ceiling. Things had been going so weird lately, one week full of consecutive full moons. And no sunlight either for a whole week. It was as if this world was calling out for a full-scale war between the two races.
       They attached their hooks onto the ceiling and prepared to hoist themselves up onto the roof. Faith instructed the elite team to start �I�m going round the side, meet you in the middle, in the name of Mathieu!� They all nodded and started to pull themselves up. Even with their trench coats flattering in the wind they managed to set themselves up on the roof. Tashma took a sniping position on the roof; Micklonius hung on the inside of the roof, away from sight. Nathackt set up some silver flash bangs and threw a couple in the courtyard without suspicion on a timer, 30 minutes should do it for now. Liash managed to sneak into the courtyard, and broke into undercover mode. All they had to do was wait for their leader to make the mark on their attack.
   Faith looked around the stone complex, there was only one door that lead to the living quarters and she did not want to go there. But it seemed she had no choice. She looked through the lock and only saw one lycan, asleep as can be. She picked the lock and opened it slowly. The noise got louder and louder of heavy metal music. She threw down her trench coat quietly and revealed her hoodie. She started to creep into the main complex but first she had to move without being seen by the sleeping lycan. She got to the door on the other side and began to turn it. �You don�t have to be so subtle by the way, I wouldn�t of minded if you woke me up anyway, you just been out on a night ex?� asked the supposedly sleeping werewolf. She had to reply quickly �yeah, those fucking vampires, they were everywhere!� He pulled down his hood and looked at her. She had beautiful brown hair, and the most stunning eyes that he had ever seen before. �Well well, I haven�t seen you around before, who bit you?� She looked through the window to Liash, and shook her head. She wasn�t ready to start the attack quite yet. �You did, don�t you remember?� he looked puzzled, maybe her cover was blown �if I would have bitten you, you�d be dead by now�. She looked deep at him, he wasn�t like the rest of these bastards that she had met before, and he seemed to have a heart. �Yeah but� I didn�t see who it was, I just thought that with suck tenacity the bite might be yours!� He laughed, �oh come on, I could smell vampire on you since you trailed in here�. He jumped on her, transforming in mid air, and pinned her down onto the floor. She attempted to bite him, but to do so; she needed to break her neck. Outside, gunfire could be heard.
       �We must get Faith back!!!� shouted Tashma. The flash bangs exploded giving them a small amount of time to re-obtain the vampire princess. The 30 lycan fell to the floor in pain, only one stood. Matthieu was too strong for these measly weapons. All four ran to the door after jumping all the way down to the bottom of the open aired complex. Just as the flash bang wore down, they already were by the door. Liash had his hand on the door, before having it sliced off by the ultimate lycan himself. �You gotta get through me, bitches� Liash fell to the floor in pain and the other three had no choice but to retreat, they were no match for the lycan elder. Then grabbed their fallen ally and jumped far into the sky, onto the balcony. They fled in fear, the plan went to worse to worser, and now, they had lost the vampire princess.
       �What are you going to do, kill me?� pleaded the mounted beauty. Tony just sniffed at her neck and clamped into her side with his claws. The claws dug into her skin, and blood seeped out. The other hand clamped onto her head, ready to rip it off. She was going to die �well, go on do it!� She started to cry softly. Tony looked into her eyes. The blood came out worse. She was beginning to fade away. He looked into her soul, and something inside stopped him. He released his grip and lifted her up into his arms. �Why am I doing this?� he thought to himself. �What are you doing?� asked Faith surprised at the turn of actions that had occurred. He busted open the door and ran out.
     
    �What do you mean, lost?.. Not Faith, YOU FOOLS!!!� the elder shouted. The three members bowed down to the angry might. �We had no chance, Matthieu was protecting our path to salvation� explained the second in command Tashma. �I don�t care, Faith is gone, that�s all that matters, damn all of this!� He sat down on his throne and sobbed viscously. The three members looked down at the floor, this plan had failed and they had paid a terrible price for their scruffy work. They picked themselves up and walked out of the master hall, all that was left was the wreck of an elder. He looked up at the door, which had a picture of his lost vampire on it. She was smiling, like she always did, but not anymore. Just then as he was about to leave his chamber, the side window shattered revealing a lycan, carrying the lost vampire in his arms. He was battered and bruised, worn out from the run. �Faith, savage beast let her go, why have you come here?!!� Tony looked down at Faith, who was barely conscious. He laid her down on the floor and stood by her. Mathieu walked over and picked up the lucky vampire in his arms. �Why have you spared her gentle life�� the lonely lycan looked away, as he could not talk in his werewolf state, he hadn�t learnt how to yet. �You understand what has to be done now?� the lycan just nodded and faced down. Mathieu moved over for the kill, to bite the neck of this trespasser. Just as the fangs hit the skin, Faith rose up and smacked her elder in the mouth. He turned angry now. He moved in for the kill again, but this time, Faith could not stop him. However this time, Tony had decided to fight the elder, even thought the odds were stacked against him. Both men charged against each other and clashed with such force that sparks flew from their hands. Mathieu was just too strong, and Faith came in again just before her saviour would see his end �stop it, let him go my lord, he helped me survive my inevitable death, spare him his life, as he did mine� the elder looked at him, and could only see hate. �Very well, you may leave but never go into this princesses presence again acknowledged?� without speaking Tony dived for the window, and made his getaway. As for the elder�s proposal, fuck him, Tony has always done what he wants to, and he won�t stop now.

Chapter 3

He just couldn�t understand why the most un-emotional lycan to ever see god�s green earth would do something like this. Before, he had ripped apart vampires without any second though, so what was so damn special about that vampire that made him stop?
Matthieu sat alone in the darkness of his room. The quietness was echoing the noise of the music outside. He was sitting there in the middle of the room with his head resting against his chest.
�Are you ok Matt?� Asked Benk as he opened the door slightly but enough for the lycan master to hear the difference. He raised his head to see Benk�s brown head poking through the gap of the door.
�Get me Tony.� Ordered Matthieu as he stood up and walked over to the window where he stood staring at the full moon. He wasn�t in lycan form as he was the eldest of all known lycan and he had complete control of himself.
He noticed the consistency of the full moons and it was worrying him that some his fellow people may lose their control and break at the slightest moment of being in the lycan form for too long. Every time they walk into the full moons light they transform, it was a serious risk as the numbers were small as it was for people to snap.
  �You asked to see me, Matt?� Came the sound of Tony�s voice. Matt looked at the door to see the young man standing there. �Yeah, sit in that chair over there.� Ordered the master. Tony sat in the chair that Matt ordered him to sit in, he sat there looking at the back of his master�s head. �You know Tony, you are one of the best lycan I�ve seen in combat and you never show much resistance to rip the shit out of anything with fangs.� Said Matthieu as he placed his hands behind his back and turned around to face Tony. �Thanks.� Said Tony as he stared at Matt. �You�re welcome but I want to know one thing.� Said Matt as he rested his hands on the armrest of the chair Tony was sitting in. �Why the fuck did you let that bitch go?� Shouted Matt directly in Tony�s face. �We had a perfect opportunity to shred one of the best vampires limb from limb and you just let her go because the bitch starts crying. You have seen tears before; you�ve seen fear. What about this one vampire that is so fucking different.�
  Matthieu stood up and walked over to the door to leave Tony with his thoughts. The music outside was still echoing around the room and the moonlight was still pouring in through the window. �Hey Matthieu, you coming?� Asked the Lycan queen, Sianara. �Yeah, I�m coming.� Said Matthieu as he turned back to look at Tony. Matthieu walked back over to Tony. And placed his chin on his shoulder so he could whisper something into his ear. �Think about what I said. If you see her one more time, I want you to shred her. Ok? If you don�t I�ll kill ya myself.�
  �Miss Harshlam, you�ve had it hard enough in the passing times.� Questioned the Tutor as he saw Faith walk out of her room dressed in a trench coat and jeans. She was making her way to the medical wing of the manor to check on Liash who probably came out worse having lost his arm from the elbow down. She turned left at the corner of the corridor to see Mathieu stand there with his head down as if he was walking in thought. He looked up as soon as he could see Faith�s feet pass under his stare. �I�m thankful for that beast returning you to me. But I will kill him at the first opportunity I have and I expect the same from you. These creatures are the peril of our people and you won�t show them kindness. Am I clear?� Asked Mathieu as hugged his almost lost love. �I understand my lord, I shall kill him myself if he is found.� Said Faith as she pushed him away by his shoulders. �I�m sure that you will.�
Faith carried on walking to the medical wing with Mathieu�s words ringing in her mind. ��I expect the same from you� The thought of her having to kill her rescuer from death. She couldn�t force herself to think of it. For all that she had been told or known for all of her life was that the lycan were mindless killing machines. Now just one of these type shows her otherwise and now just doesn�t know what to think anymore. She needed to sort her mind out and quickly before anyone knew her deepest desires. For some unknown reason she had this kind of� desire to be around him, some undeniable fact that she wanted to be with him. Although she didn�t want these feelings, they were there and she knew that she would die if word got out.
     The medical wing was near, her friend Liash who had lost his arm in battle was secluded inside the tutor�s areas. She just couldn�t concentrate, all that was on her mind was the lycan that had saved her life and although she denied it, she was falling in love with some vile beast. On the way to the medical wing, she walked past her quarters. �I�ve got enough time to waste at the moment, until the team comes up with another plan�. She swiftly swung her bag over. The hallway bustled and overflowed with her brothers and sisters. To avoid being carried along in the huddle, she slammed her back against the wall, destroying artwork in the process. The pocket of the bag was easy to open and her silver keys laid gently inside. The key slotted nicely into the keyhole and as soon as she knew it, the noise was gone. The bag dropped onto the tidy floor therefore making it dirty. The room was full of red and black; with Covent signs above her four post bed. It looked like a gothic queens house. She walked over quickly to her small mirror that laid on a bedside cabinet. All the reflection told her was �I need to get laid�. She stumbled onto her bed with her hands tight on her head; the bed rested her already tense soul. The full moon shined through the windows, and gave the sanctity the only light that remained in the darkness. She took off her shoes, and her trousers slowly.
      She laid in her bed, with a top and thong on. Almost desirable for any vampire but none of her race could satisfy her. Once she had heard of lycan women doing something to themselves that gave them pleasure. It was looked at as extremely dirty and pitied on by the vampire race. �Fuck the rules�. She started to put her hand down, down her silky skin and sneakily into her thong. She explored for a while, just feeling around her vagina, she had never done this before. All she could think about was the writhing, sweaty, hairy body of her saviour. With that, she slipped it in. The pleasure overcame her as she screamed quietly. She carried on violently, letting her finger slide in and out of her vagina. She could just imagine that lycan there with her, his manly scent surrounding her and her body entangled around his. She got faster and faster with her eyes closed and her lip bit as it started to bleed. She couldn�t stop herself, this was too good and she loved every minute of it. The duvet slipped off the bed and she started to become wet. Her speech had disappeared, she couldn�t believe how good this felt.
    The door opened and the tutor walked in, to see this devilish act red handed, literally. His eyes opened up, and Faith finally stopped in embarrassment. �You know Miss Harshlam, lycan women are known for doing that�. She scrambled over to her duvet with her thong still half way down her legs. Her lip carried on bleeding but she sucked on it, trying to calm her embarrassment down. �Well, okay then, yes, okay then, well, okay then, okay, then, yes, okay then, okay, how bout you get dressed and meet the elder, okay then, okay then�

Chapter 4

 

 

Go to part:2  3 

 

 

Copyright © 2005 Matthew Robert Stovell
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"