Heroin Trip 1
Kendall Wilt

 

Heroin. Huh, I used to think it was heiroin. What the hell was I thinking?
I'm not a junky or anything. I've never even tried the shit. I've never really done anything. I just got to figure out, why am I so fixed on fucking heroin? How and why does it effect me?


I'm so tiered of picking the caulk off of my hands. I can't seem to get all this dirt out from my fingernails. Blood blister there, healing cut, scratch scratch and caulk stains. I guess I could nibble off the callouses that have built up on my fingures. Maybe, help the shedding process along a little bit. I wonder if I did it, would it bring the flexibility back in them? It hurts to bend them anyway. Oh well, hands you have sucomb to time itself. I can no longer call you perfect. You have lost that title and I leave you here, while I and the rest of my perfects parts move on to our dreams. Go on, go away now. Oh you don't want to leave eh, - "Hey man", Allop says, " Hey, could you watch out for bossman." What? What the hell? Man I can't do that, why is he asking me? "Oh, yeah sure, go ahead man."
Allop walks over to where I'm sitting and plops himself down with his lunch. I thought it was his lunch. Instead of pulling out some frosty jack-o-balls though, he pulls out a pipe and a baggy. I knew that we would get caught if he lit up but I couldn't say anything. I did lift my hand in an effort to stop him but he just brushed it off and said, "Hold on man, let me get it packed up first." What could I say to that? What could I say to him? Allop was huge. Not fat, just huge. He was a big guy but he was always smiling and cracking jokes. I didn't want to piss him off.
Allop finishes the packing and hands the bowl to me. I really didn't think about it, I just took a hit. It felt like I was beeing choked. The smoke was so thick, I choked on the density of it. The smoke felt like it bulldozed down to my lungs. When it got there it started to dig and set up shop. I handed Allop back his bowl and countinued to hack away. He laughed and toked away. He tried to hand the bowl back to me but I couldn't catch my breathe. So he fired up again. Suddenly our lunch was interupted by Coles, our boss. We froze. I didn't know what to do. Allop put his bowl back in his lunch bag. Coles smelled the air, he was confused at first, like he didn't expect to find us like this. His temper changed immediatly after he looks at the redness of my face. " You motherfuckers, smoking fucking weed on my jobsite!" Coles was pissed.
Coles grabs the hair on the back of Allops head. He was about to hit him in the face. So I lunged from my position on the ground. I grabbed one of Coles legs. Then I felt him hit the ground. That quick Allop had jumped up and punched him in the mouth. Coles started to stir. He took his other leg and kicked me hard on the side of the head. I let go, he really dazed me. It shook up my vision quite a bit. I rolled over and just lay there trying to recover. Coles jumps up to his feet. "Oh, you mutherfuckers want to gang up on me. You wrong, now, I was raised in the streets." I watched Coles dig the knife out of his pocket. He unfolded the blade and started to jut it around. He slashed a few times at Allop then started to come at me with it. I was defensless. All I could think to do was throw my hands up. Just when I thought I was toast, I hear the screaming of the circular saw then the screaming of Coles. Allop had lunged in and made one quick cut. I watched Coles fingures drop to the floor. They made these little minature thuds and itty bitty blood splatters when they hit the ground. Coles was a tough bastard he was able to pass the knife off to his other hand. He came in swinging again. I got up off my ass and pulled the hammer out of my toolbelt. Coles steadied himself and gandered what he was up against. Allop holding his circular saw, me bouncing a hammer in my hand and him with a chewed up hand and a pocket knife. Like the bad guy in any old movie Coles bounded off, yelling, "You ain't seen the last of me, mutherfucka's. I'm goin get you." I could hear him trailing off, going up the driveway. "Mothar-fucka'sssss". I guess that's what he said.
����We grabbed our things. I punched out. Then we piled in Allops car and headed down the road. Where we were going I had no idea. I needed to go to my house first though, I know that. I told Allop to swing me through so I could pick up some clothes. When we got to my house I ran inside and grabbed everything I thought would be neccesary for a wild road trip. I hoped thats what we were going on. Yeah, just like that movie Road Trip. This was going to be fun. I checked my calander to see when rent was due, Exactly two weeks. Plus I could pay a week late, so I had to come up with four hundred dollars in three weeks, with no job, out on the road. It sounded easy enough. So I ran and jumped back in Allops car and we cruised on down the road. The first thing I pulled out of my bag of shit, The White Album. Alloped approved and passed me a greentop. We smoked out going down the road like two old hippies. Singing along with a warm gun and Rocky. How were we supposed to know we were running from one of the toughest gangsta's in this whole portion of the state.
��������The inside of Allops car is as beaten up as a queer at a kkk festival. I guess it's cool reading all the bumper stickers on what's left of the dash, though. Bullshit for President, Why'd you pull me over officer, does my car smell like a donut?, Jesus All Purpose King. I guess they go right along with Allops personality. What I know of him anyway. Thats right, I don't even know him really. So what just happened? Why am I cruising around town with this dude I hardly know. Why did I help this guy cut my boss's fingures off? Now I'm riding around in circles looking for his damn girlfriend. I lost my job and probably my apartment for this. I hope my parents still have room for me. Fucking new guys, always screwing up something. WHY?
"Here man, finish this one off. I'm damn, stoned."
Well I'm not, so I guess I better hit it. All I know is we better find his damn, Hack Hack Cough Cough Cough. Hmmm, I cant remember what I was just thinking about.
��������We finally found Celia by the river, selling painted wine bottles. The way she made them look was really neat. She must have used a pottery wheel and some special kind of paint to get the designs she put on them. Allop pulled the old brown Diplomat up right beside her. She leaned down on my side to see what was going on. I was surprised by her beauty. When we were behind her, all I could see was coarse dreadlocks hanging out of a tied up hankerchief. I was expecting an open mouthed gargoyal when she leaned down to within inches of my face. Shit, her eyes pulled me right into them. Her teethe were perfect and white, outlined with a lovely smile. Her skin glowed, sparkled, and dazled it's way into my heart. I had fallen in love, without her ever even saying a word. With her lips being so close to mine I was almost hypnotized into kissing them. I knew that probably wouldn't have gotten an applaude from Allop, so I fought and held this kiss back. I felt the emotion go staight down to my dick. It damned itself up down there until my pants felt like they weren't going to fit anymore. I squirmed around on the seat a little and tried to adjust myself without really going in at it. I didn't want to draw any attention to myself. Celia jumped in the back. I was saved.
��������"Hey man, whats you name?" Celia said something to me. I turned around to see but Allop answers, " That's my boy Jemal, from work." I stopped movement and faced forward again. "Uh, Where are we going?" Celia asks. "I don't know sweetie, we just can't go home right away."
"Why not?"
"We kind of, messed up at work today." Allop explains
"Really, Hmm, what'd ya do?"
�����������Allop sat quietly, I don't think he was going to answer. I couldn't hold it in. I have been needing to talk about this all day. I needed confession,"We cut the boss's fingures off at work today!". I had blurted it out so fast and off key, I must have sounded crazier than I really am.
"What"
"What, Allop, tell me this guy is lying."
"Hey man, Jemal, Your just fucking with me, right."
��������Allop passes the bowl back to her. She passed it to me, I to Allop and around again. Celia didn't ask again, I guess she just instantly took it all in. I thought we had smoked our problems away. Really, we had just picked up another promblem. More of a problem than the pissed off Coles hunting us, tracking our where abouts. Sooner or later he would catch up to us. He was not far behind. We had never strayed that far from him anyway. Almost a whole day on the run and we hadn't left town.
��������We pulled into Mick's Gas and Ale to grab a hotdog and something to drink for the trip. Celia went directly to the magazine rack. I tried to find a fitting candybar, Allop grabbed some beer and the dogs. We all went up to the counter to pay. The clerk was freaking me out a little. He started hitting the page button on his Nextel, I heard it beep back with, "I'll be right there." I knew this was bad news but my fogged up head couldn't put the obvious facts together quick enough. The cleck finally finished stalling us and we made our way back out to the car. We all piled in and was about to take off but Celia said she had to take a piss real quick. She put down her Spin mag and jumped out before Allop could start the engine. I looked at him wanting to say something important but I just couldn't spit it out. He pulled out that damn bowl again and was about to fire up. I suggested we not smoke right there in the parking lot, so we went and hid around on the side of the gas station. We hit the bowl a couple of times and was feeling pretty good when a loud bang right above our heads snapped us out of our trance.
������"You motherfuckers out here smoking without me?" It was Celia, we had picked a spot right under the bathroom window and Celia could smell the pot essence wafting through the crack. She had pulled almost half of her body out the window, so Allop pulled her out the rest of the way and we all laughed. While she was getting her hit I ran and grabbed my bag out the car so I could take a picture of us getting high in the middle of the greasy alleyway. As I was backing myself out of the car I saw Coles car, manuvering down the road between the pines. I ran back to the ally to tell the lipsuckers what I had seen. We quickly jumped into a stack of huge tractor tires. We waited just a few secounds, then we heard tires screeching and squeeling into the parking lot. The noises made an abrupt stop right in front of us. We heard two doors open and close with voices but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Then we heard the front door to the store. We wiggled our way out of the tires and ran to the corner to take a peak. Our car was across the parking lot, shut off and rusting. In front of us was an almost brand new black Lincon with chrome trim and shiney tires, still running. We piled in lighting quick, this time I was driving. So I mashed the gas and we sped out of the parking lot in grand fashion. I checked the rearview and could see three guys run out of the store, two standing looking surprised, the other one waving his eight fingers around in the air. I'm pretty sure he was saying something, "Mutharrrfuuuuckerssss", but I really couldn't tell.
������Allop was already on it with another bowl, ready to go. Celia was digging through my bag and found the perfect cd to put in, my Abbey Road. I concentrated on driving when I wasn't taking a toke off the peacepipe. What a peaceful pipe it was indeed. I think the cd had made it to She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, when we heard Celia give a long high pitch scream. I ran off over the curb of the road but I was able to twist the wheel around enough to correct the fish tail and get us back on track. What the hell did she just scream so damn loud about? Did she suddenly fall into labor? Had she been stabbed? Allop tapped my sholder and I turned to look at him. In front of my eyes on the way around was Celias hand holding out a huge bag, like a yellowish pillow, with ducktape wrapped around both sides. Shit I knew this was Heroin, it looked just like the bags I had seen on t.v. When the cops had made themselves a huge drugbust.

������
      

 

 

Copyright © 2006 Kendall Wilt
Published on the World Wide Web by "www.storymania.com"